cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did it look like back then?

Fixes: 123

What did it look like back then?

Just read this article Before they ruled the internet: 'Ancient' home pages for Amazon, Google and 'The Facebook' show much... then found this site
Interesting to see PN's & BT's home pages from December 1996.
Edit: Changed title

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: What did it look like back then?

Weirdly there was also an article about that on the sun today too - just like your other topic.
I thought the two papers were not related?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: What did it look like back then?

[quote="Miserable tax payer"]
Brings me back to the old days when a 56k phone modem was top of the range, we had to wait for minutes to download pictures, and altavista yahoo was the search king.
Watt I agree with 100%
Here is  Force9's Old main page from My Archive, a blast from the past, it looked like that when I signed up with Force9.
[Edit]
from My Archive:
Why Use Force9?
What do you want from the internet?
Fast, reliable service at a low, fixed price?
Free software, with hassle free installation?
Sounds good?

"Force9 give you all this, and more, from just £7 per month!"

Just call or email, and we’ll send you our free starter pack, with everything you need to get on line quickly and easily. Or you can sign up instantly online, and turn it on today!
Force9 have one simple aim - to offer the best service, at the lowest price. Why? Because that's what you want! Isn't it?

"The Best Support!"

In the February issue of PC Pro, their readers voted Force9's support as being the best of the 10 major ISPs, ahead of amongst others Demon, Pipex, Global Internet, BT and Virgin, as well as all the international Online Service Providers.
PC Pro also asked their readers to rate ISPs reliability, in terms of number of engaged tones, number of valid logins, and number of dropped connections. Force9 came second in this, again ahead of Demon, Pipex, Virgin, Global and the rest.
We currently have technical support available 7 days a week, from 7am to 11pm, as well as a dedicated web site, home.force9.net (accessible only to our users) providing technical support, help on web authoring, advice for new users and veterans, and much more.
There is also an independent user group, with its own website, usergroup.force9.net, which also provides support, and acts as a forum to ensure Force9 and our users stay in touch and communicate.

We know of no other UK ISP who can offer the same services for this price. If you know different, email martin @ force9.net

See Screen Shot Blurb

"Is there anything we've missed?"

Here at Force9, we think we're doing pretty well. But we know there's always room for improvement, and above all we listen. So if there's something you'd like to see from us that we don't offer, please tell us!
Email wishlist @ force9.net and tell us what you'd like to see. If we use your suggestion, you'll get a free account for a year, no matter how small the idea. You will also be credited on this website. The full terms and conditions of this offer are available here.

"What do I do now?"

It couldn't be easier! You can sign up online immediately, or ask for a starter pack by telephone or email. Just take your pick
If there's anything else you need please phone or email us, and we'll be pleased to anser any questions you have.
Ask for a Starter Pack

That brings back memories.   Smiley
[Edit]
Force9 is on the Wayback Machine Here