Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am i searching for?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

What am i searching for?

Hi
This is aimed at hairy biker and the like who are into electronics..

When I search for stud connector on ebay i find nothing. Google images is surprisingly lacking too.
What should i be searching for?
Thanks  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: What am i searching for?

I googled "cap connector" and got similar, but then googled "press stud connector" and got this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cap+connector&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&e...
Any good?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Assuming you want similar this should get you what you want. Or if it is just the connectors you want then this
Community Veteran

Hi
Yes it's the actual connectors i am looking for really. I already have the wrist strap and wire but was looking for a source of the stud connectors.
Thanks for your help Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

From that I assume your wrist strap is in need of repair. I bought one of these. The mat's not huge but I thought it was worth the money and has served me well.
Community Veteran

No it's not in need of repair (heck they're only a couple of quid on ebay) it's that i want to make some modifications to one of these:

Mine has 1MegOhm resistor built in on all three connectors but my wristband also has this and I want to fit some more connectors to the plug that don't have the resistor.
I could obviously just buy one without the resistance in the plug but I'd prefer to have a one job does all type plug. I also want to add some 4mm / banana sockets too. For what they are, I think they're overpriced (maplin and RS charge high prices and one ebayer sells the plug and band for £20) so I feel that i should get my monies worth if i can modify it to suit my requirements.
I've already got the case open and can see that it's relatively easy to tinker with internally but i just couldn't find the stud connectors!
Fixes: 47

Quote from: 7up
...one ebayer sells the plug and band for £20

Hope it's not the same company that makes electric chairs for the US penal system Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Does this search help?: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=press+stud+electrical+connector&rlz=1C1AVSK_enGB601GB601&oq=press+...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.