cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a wonderful job he does...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What a wonderful job he does...

In our local village high street we have a street cleaner from the council.
Although he's far too physicality weight-wise challenged to work on the bin trucks (I assume he works for the same department) He patrols the high street with his trolley and brushes from 8 till 5ish and it shines like a new pin.
Sadly, although probably in his late forties or thereabouts he has a mental age of something short of child, but he has a cheery smile and hello for everyone and a work ethic that puts most to shame. Local food outlets ply him with free tea and coffee and occasional snacks to show their appreciation.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: What a wonderful job he does...

Good on him Petlew. Others should copy his example.  Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

There is a young lady, who goes around the Morrisons supermarket carpark, picking up the litter... in all weathers.... she is employed by Morrisons, and keeps it nice and clean... so, one morning when it was drizzle and cold, I walked up to her and said " Thankyou.... for keeping the carpark clean.... you do a good job."  it was a delight to see the smile that came on her face....  Smiley
Three years later, she is still doing the job. which reminds me.... next time I see her, I shall again say "Thank you"...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Have often been too preoccupied to be aware of the many and often grotty jobs that people are doing that make my life much better, your post hopefully will make me more aware of this and make some effort to thank them.
Fixes: 125

There must be a lot of people who do arduous, thankless tasks in all weathers with little or no recognition or thanks. Most of the time we walk past without noticing them but we soon would if they stopped.
It is amazing the look of happiness but sometimes even shock when you do thank them Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

In a Morrisons - might have been Middlesborough, they have a lad in a wheel chair sorting out the people using the self scan