cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a good idea....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What a good idea....

After watching many episodes of cops & robbers on telly... and how many manage to evade the "stinger"... this seems to be a solution to the problem ... and must be more effective...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3907694/The-Grappler-invention-help-police-safely-stop-high-...

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: What a good idea....

Looks a good idea, I wonder how long it will be before we see it in action here ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Probably never, just think of the extra thick wadge of health and safety paperwork they'd need to fill out over here to do manouevres like that just to stop a car, they'd be too busy ticking boxes to even notice the crim was already gone... Funny

Community Veteran

Is there anyone out there, who wants to start up a lucrative repeat business?

Well,  those webbing straps are one time only usage.... so that is a definite replacement market opportunity...

Could even say... it`s a "captive" market. too ! !  Cheesy

Community Veteran

Didn't we have something similar that was trailed here before the stinger. A sort of sticky webbing that was laid in the road like the stinger which stuck and tangled to the wheels and brought the car to a halt?

Community Veteran

Dunno.... but that, and the stinger, could easily, ( and has often) be avoided, due to the plod advertising the location by putting a marked police car where they are standing with the stinger  ! ! !   DOH ! ..

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

What's wrong with just using a grenade launcher - or even a drone launched missile?

Seems to work well enough in the Middle East! Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Can it work for both FWD, RWD and AllWD? What are the majority of US vehicles, do we know?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

Erm.....  @Luzern  I think there is a clue in the video....   ? ? ?  Roll eyes  Roll eyes  Huh

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

billnotben wrote:

Didn't we have something similar that was trailed here before the stinger. A sort of sticky webbing that was laid in the road like the stinger which stuck and tangled to the wheels and brought the car to a halt?

Yes there was another version of it but I seem to recall that also being an invention of the USA and it was being trialled there.

You know the government stamped out R&D here years ago - don't be silly bnb, how could it have been invented here - its just not allowed anymore!

Hopefully with Mrs Maybe at the helm (as someone else here called her) she'll lose her grip on the engineering and sciences sector and let them unleash their talents again.

It needs to happen. We used to be the world leaders in anything new and that includes our work in the nuclear weapons sector. Then that stupid granny Norwood stole those secrets for the USSR and now we have a constant threat from the power hungry baddies in the world who all club together. We need to be at the top of the game again to keep the world safe and defend humanity.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!