Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Turn up from Tesco

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

What a Turn up from Tesco

Ordered our smart new TV on-line from Tesco earlier this week - as they had the best price and delivery was free. Email confirmation received along with tracking details both of which told me it would be with us on Saturday and get this - it had to be signed for (understandable) and that somebody had to here to receive it (of course). Here's the thing though, got back all hot and bothered after a sunny day out which included our grand children's school sports day and lo and behold, one television found plonked inside our front porch.

Blimey, what a turn up!

Nice to get it although it's pretty bad show by that courier company and dare I say it, a fleeting thought of telling them I didn't!

Television, what television? Not round here mate Wink 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
21 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: What a Turn up from Tesco

Good job it didn't fit in your wheely bin Wink

Steve
Pro

Sound like yodel. Incidentally I am stuck in all day today waiting on a delivery from sports direct delivered prob from yodel. Hit and miss with that lot.
nadger
Rising Star

There used to be a superb sameday courier service based at my address - then I retired aged 70 Roll eyes

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I ordered over about 100 quid worth of items last week from amazon and told them to leave in shed if i was not home from work, the delivery driver left it on my back garden in full view of everyone. I reported it to amazon and they said it would never happen again.

So a day ago the wife asks me to order a new non stick frying pan a half decent one as we needed it, and this time the parcel was in the shed........ but when opening it there was 2 pans but i only got charged for one Wink and no i didnt say anything Smiley

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

At least it turned up!

we ordered an Iphone 6S Online from Tesco a month before Christmas last year, waited for a few days after the delivery date, after a bit of to and fro it was clear it had gone missing. We cancelled the order and had our money back.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

When I ordered my new TV I was told that it was a two man delivery, not because of the size it’s lucky if its a 1cm at it’s thickest, but was very wide, or the weight, but Health and Safety!

Sure enough, two guys arrived who had obviously had a busy day judging by the odour. One prepared the paper work while the other one brought the set in. They then set about taking it out of the box to ensure all was fine, apparently they must check the screen for cracks, damage, as all was well they asked me to sign then left leaving it in the hallway!

Now if I was on my own I’d have been stuffed, but they’d done what they were paid for so off they went.

alanf
Aspiring Pro

I recently received a card from Yodel that they had tried to deliver something 10 minutes after I had left the house and would attempt redelivery next day. I wasn't expecting anything but one lives in hope that someone has sent a gift. The next day passed with no delivery. On ringing the number on the card it turned out that the delivery had been intended for a house in another street.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Minivanman
Hero

@nadger

"Good job it didn't fit in your wheely bin"

Does anybody buy 19" televisions anymore? By to-days standard this one was a modest 40" but then we only have a tiny house so one of those mega big screen beasts would be rather overpowering - we'd have to sit outside to watch it.

How times and sizes change eh? Time was when a 26" telly was mega posh as well as being mega heavy!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

I ordered a circular saw off Amazon 2 days ago scheduled for delivery today.

I'm usually at the tail end of the day's deliveries, receiving goods around 5 to 6:30pm

1 o'clock this afternoon I was on the front chatting to a neighbour and the delivery man arrived ShockedCool

One problem, the saw was in it's factory box and now my neighbour knows I have one.

I have personally heard of a few people having goods left outside and the recipient has complained of non delivery.

A replacement arrives and goes straight on a well known auction site.

I ordered an SSD off Amazon which never arrived. I raised an issue with Amazon and received a replacement.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Well had it been an SSD I could have hidden that and said it had not been received, but a 40" telly?

I was tempted I must admit, but Mrs Minivanman would not have any of it. Roll eyes

As for lending circular saws - never ever. Replacement blades are far to expensive and burnt out motors by well meaning friends and neighbours are far to common. There again I detest lending out tools full stop but that's another story.

RobPN
Aspiring Pro

I would imagine your neighbour would know you have a circular saw when s/he hears you using it, unless you were planning to not use it at home. Wink

I got a circular saw bargain on Amazon a few weeks ago, a Bosch GKS 190 for £75.00 which ISTR was delivered in a plain outer box.

Sometimes on Amazon items it states "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Dispatch in Amazon box on the checkout page." e.g. this item

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Time was when a 26" telly was mega posh as well as being mega heavy!

Time was when just having  TV was mega posh !

I think the first TVs were 12 or 14 inch usually in a fancy cabinet, power hungry and unreliable.

Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

Smaller than that I fancy and little more than oscilloscope tubes and yes, power hungry, reliable, and of course that lethal DC power supply.

Beam me up Scotty. Smiley