Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Lovely Day!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

What a Lovely Day!

I see that strat has used "the ultimate " in "ignore filters" on the "winter is coming thread"... so I thought i would post a nice little tale about a Lovely Day.

As you all know, because I do like to keep you up to date with my lifestyle ! ! .. we are on our hols in the beautiful Wye Valley,  however, we are also touring around in our superb Skoda Fabia, doing a remarkable 62 mpg over the Brecon Beacons, and to day we travelled north from our domicile, into the counties of Hereford and Worcestershire... Beautiful countryside, some really nice roads, not too busy, with plenty of hills to climb and then take in an almost 300 degree round view of the surrounding countryside... Honest, if you have never been around Hereford, Leominster, and Great Malvern... then you should really take some time out, and tour around..

Incidentally, the top tempreture today in the Hereford Hills, was a tropical 25 C.... the same as in Hamilton....

Going to be a bit cooler tomorrow and toward Saturday, but still with some fine sunshine, not bad, considering that  winter is coming......

Our little doggy also enjoys the car rides, and frequent stops at beauty spots and viewpoints along the way !

I was going to add some pics, but that would stop you from coming here, as you will already have seen it ! !

Smiley

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 30

Re: What a Lovely Day!

Nice one, @shutter. Glad you are enjoying your hols, and I hope it stays good for you.

I'm planning a trip to York tomorrow (lovely city, btw), so I hope the promised 22-25c, with light winds and no rain is true.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@shutter

I think I've seen your little doggy sitting on the back shelf of a few cars nodding his head about as if it's loose! Roll_eyes

Have a trip to the top of the British Camp near Great Malvern. Iron age hill fort with spectacular views. If England ever flooded British Camp would be a solitary island!

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@jab1 Ah Yes..!  York.... city of my birth !.... ( not a lot of people know that........ They DO NOW ! ! ! )..

Its said that if you walk all the way around the City walls, it will ensure that you keep on returning... ( can`t remember if I made a full trip last time ( some parts are missing though ).._). so maybe that`s why I haven`t been back for a few years.. (Always a "soft spot in my heart for York). Clifford`s Tower, and the old court house and jail opposite, always of interest to me... together with "the shambles" and "whip-ma-wop-ma-gate"  bus stop to go back home again.!

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@nozzer  I know the one`s you mean.... but my little doggy is too big to sit on the parcel shelf.... indeed, it`s dangerous to have a "Loose dog" in the car.... as if there were an accident, and the car rolled...there would be a very frightened, ( and heavy) doggy flying about and possibly causing more injuried... so we have her in a safety harness, which clips into the seat belt anchorages.

It annoys me when you see cars going along at some speed, and the dog has it`s head out of the window... just imagine an emergency stop.. what would happen to that dog... ? ? ?

Thanks for the tip about "British Camp">..  certainly will see if we can fit that into "er indoors" itinerary ! !  Wink

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 30

@shutter wrote:

@jab1 Ah Yes..!  York.... city of my birth !.... ( not a lot of people know that........ They DO NOW ! ! ! )..

Its said that if you walk all the way around the City walls, it will ensure that you keep on returning... ( can`t remember if I made a full trip last time ( some parts are missing though ).._). so maybe that`s why I haven`t been back for a few years.. (Always a "soft spot in my heart for York). Clifford`s Tower, and the old court house and jail opposite, always of interest to me... together with "the shambles" and "whip-ma-wop-ma-gate"  bus stop to go back home again.!

Couple of good ideas for my six or seven hours there @shutter. Did part of the City Walls last time, but my main reason for visiting then was the NRM. Tomorrow is more of 'exploration' visit, so who knows where I'll end up? Smiley

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran

001.JPG

The above pic was taken yesterday morning ...

002.JPG

The above pic, is the view from our cottage, into the Wye Valley, at 0700 this morning... 

The pic below is the Moon at 72 X optical zoom..(hand held, single shot )... from the same cottage at 0701 this morning..

It`s gonna be another nice day.... temp about 11 c at the moment...nice and crisp and fresh.... expecting 18 + later on....

008a.jpg

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Excellent moon shot! What camera is it? Hardly any noise visible at all.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@nozzer PANASONIC FZ72  normally 60x optical zoom.... but I reduce the MPX count from 16MPX to 10 MPX to give an extra bit of zoom  so 10MPX gives me 72 X optical ZOOOoooooooooooooom... !

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Good lens that!

This is the nodding dog I was referring to by the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBM5twmSjI

It drives you mad!  Cheesy

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@nozzer;  Lens detail from camera lens     Lumix DC Vario    1:28 - 5.9 /3.58 -215 ASPH  

Little Doggy pic  ! 

011_800x600.JPG

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Still a bit of "low cloud"   at 0934 !  

013.JPG

Brilliant sunshine... temps on the rise.... !

Highlighted
Community Veteran

All you need now is for the Red Arrows to shoot down the valley! 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never forgotten this from a brass plaque called "Doggie" we had on our wall when I was a child:

He asks me no questions, he tells me no lies

and when I address him looks straight in my eyes

content with a little he never despairs,
but in all my troubles he willingly shares

he asks me so little, he gives me so much

then always sympathy dwell in my touch.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@shutter wrote:

@nozzer  I know the one`s you mean.... but my little doggy is too big to sit on the parcel shelf.... indeed, it`s dangerous to have a "Loose dog" in the car.... as if there were an accident, and the car rolled...there would be a very frightened, ( and heavy) doggy flying about and possibly causing more injuried... so we have her in a safety harness, which clips into the seat belt anchorages.

It annoys me when you see cars going along at some speed, and the dog has it`s head out of the window... just imagine an emergency stop.. what would happen to that dog... ? ? ?

Thanks for the tip about "British Camp">..  certainly will see if we can fit that into "er indoors" itinerary ! !  Wink

I wouldn't want a loose dog anywhere, or cat for that matter. Eugh, all that clearing up!Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.