jedi
Hooked

What Mobile Phone Service do you use?

I use PAYG with '3'

41 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: What Mobile Phone Service do you use?

Currently I've got an o2 sim and a BT Mobile sim.

Haven't quite got round to migrating my o2 number on to the BT sim yet. But I've got them both in my OnePlus 2 using o2 for calls and texts and BT for data.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Three contract, Might end up PAYG when it's up as I'm getting a tad bored of it... Smiley

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Three, on one of the older unlimited data tariffs. Works a charm with 4G.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

On a Three sim only contract @ £17 a month for 200 mins, unlimited internet and texts.

Much better than shoddy Vodafone for which I was paying £42 a month.

NE Smiley

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Tesco and Asda.  I was with 3 but they don't work well as a back up in a dual sim phone as the phone puts the sim not used for data into 2g mode and 3 disconnect them. Asda are the next cheapest and unlike 3 they allow tethering so despite only being 3g they're better for me as they also use 2g and the ee network. They also allow you to have a cash credit that lasts 6 months without use instead of a package that you have to renew each month like some payg plans. 

Tesco use o2 so I have access to another phone and data connection if one fails while still having access to the same contacts etc

I couldn't go back to a single sim phone by choice. 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Three @ £10pm 200min 2GB data. Surprisingly good coverage considering there is no 2G apart from a few places where their agreement with Orange/EE is still in place. Annoyingly they now claim 4G volte coverage in my home village but it is marginal to say the least so I still have to use their signalbox . If they upgraded the mast to the west it would probably solve the issue.

If they try to up my contract cost I would probably look closely at EE

Community Veteran

Tesco normally.

But as I have a bucket load of SIM's it's whatever takes my fancy when calling some businesses.

Especially when I want them to mind their own business.

Fixes: 47

EE contracted Embarrassed

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Giffgaff it's a sim only contract so you need an unlocked phone, which they sell.  I buy the cheapest "goody bag" so the cost is £5 pm

G

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Moved away from Three on Monday to iD (a CPW owned MVNO that runs on Three) because I received a letter from Three last week to tell me the legacy plan/retention deal I was on had been phased out and were moving me to a 'comparable' plan which was more than twice what I was paying.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I'm on a contract from O2.  Been with them for a long time.  Last time my contract was up they weren't offering the phone I wanted (Microsoft 950XL), but Car Phone Warehouse were.  Got the phone through CPW on O2 on a cheaper monthly contract than they do the 950 for.

I've also got an iPad on a monthly contract with O2.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Am I the only one on a Vodafone contract?

Never had any problem with it. 500 minutes free, unlimited texts (never even get close to the limits) recently due for an upgrade, accepted an iPhone 5C from a returned, but good as new selection (usually because first user changed their mind)

Ended up with a cheaper contract.

Works very well on 4G.

Not particularly interested in current all singing all dancing ranges of "phone".

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I've a Tesco sim (whose number I can actually remember!) that I use as my 2G sim and for receiving sms's, been on the same £10 since I bought it ~2 years ago.
I had/ve a 3 321 sim but now have a FreedomPop Free one that should give me 200/200/200 a month for free, will see how that works.

If I have to give out a mobile # then I use the Tesco one as I also have truecaller/sms to block the spam calls.
Phone is currently bricked due to a bad update, waiting to get it reflashed.
FreddieFlint
Grafter

O2, been with them since they were BT Genie .. and I can remember my number ! ! !

Currently on a MS Windows phone, upgraded to Win10 Mobile so thinking of going SIM-only when next upgrade is due.