cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I hate about this forum

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What I hate about this forum

What I hate about this forum is the majority of posters are politically correct Guardian readers who are too tough on PlusNet.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
30 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: What I hate about this forum

I dont read the Guardian Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Telegraph reader here and Plusnet user, I am neither totally in line with the paper's line, nor completely happy with Plusnet's status, but both are tolerable.

That I cannot say for extreme rabid Brexiters.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Fixes: 104

Telegraph and Washington post here Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I only scan the headlines on the DM site. cos I`m bored... nowt to do with politics..  never read the Guardian... PN is Ok... just needs "tweeking"  

Sorry I`m not in the majority... must be in the "silent minority" then...  ...  ....  .... Roll eyesLips are sealed

JayG
Aspiring Pro

I'm just hoping that PlusNet fix the mobile data problem PDQ, not because I've got a PN mobile phone account (I haven't), but because at the moment when I click on 'unread posts' I'm faced with page after page of what are nearly all different threads on that very same subject. Sad

Minivanman
Hero

'Politically correct readers who are too tough' reads to me like a contradiction. Are you sure about that? 

Anybody looking at the Guardian readers comments sections in response to articles will know that to be untrue. The paper itself might like to take the wide and wobbly PC middle ground, but many of it's readers do not as many, myself included, have found out by being banned several times (and now permanently) from contributing. 

On the over hand where unlike here offensive language or even any hint of it is deleted tout suite, the Guardian has no such restrictions as long as you do not step over that middle ground. Rightly of wrongly their most sensitive and irritating area is within the realms of race relations and LGBTQ, with that last letter being a word you dare not write in full along with the now infamous N word. 

Liberal up to a point, but infested with a writers army of 'Bremainers' to the point of nauseousness - which is why I am no longer a regular reader of a once good paper gone sour. Pre internet days, letters to newspapers that did not 'toe the current line' were just ignored and/or not printed whereas now contributors are either banned completely, heavily edited, or given free rein. 

We could of course remain silent, but we all know what the means.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

"Telegraph reader here and Plusnet user, I am neither totally in line with the paper's line, nor completely happy with Plusnet's status, but both are tolerable.

That I cannot say for extreme rabid Brexiters"

What a pity your sensible comment @Luzern is spoiled by that last sentence. So much for tolerance. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

shutter wrote:

I only scan the headlines on the DM site. cos I`m bored... nowt to do with politics..  never read the Guardian... PN is Ok... just needs "tweeking"  

Sorry I`m not in the majority... must be in the "silent minority" then...  ...  ....  .... Roll eyesLips are sealed

Exactly the same here.

Perhaps we are the majority after all

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

All paper edition newspapers are in financial difficulties and I have given up on the Telegraph after the last price hike. I look at the internet versions of most of the dailies but the Telegraph version is attempting to go behind a paywall along with the Times. But I've found that the Telegraph App gets round the paywall?

Politically I'm slightly to the right of Gengis Khan so can't get through a paragraph of the Guardian without screwing it up in disgust!

I get what I want from Blogs such as Guido Fawkes or Going Postal

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@AlaricAdair Interestingly.... 9 out of 10 replies on this subject...  ( i.e.  the majority ).. do not read the Guardian... which kinda eradicates your reason for posting  !!!Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

NEVER read the Gaunuard. Used to get the Sunday Times when I was going to EU for a weeks work, kept me reading all week.
Don't buy any newspapers or visit them on-line either. And PC is not something anyone has ever accused me of. I grew up long before PC was a thing.
Our local festival had a Gollywog parade as part of it, long gone now thanks to the PC brigade.
Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

... 9 out of 10 replies on this subject...  ( i.e.  the majority ).. do not read the Guardian... which kinda eradicates your reason for posting 

Bah!  It just means the DM readers are afraid to raise their heads above the parapet because of the repression. Grin

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

AlaricAdair wrote:

What I hate about this forum is the majority of posters are politically correct Guardian readers who are too tough on PlusNet.

Er, irony - right?

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The thing I hate about this forum, the lack of a free BBQ...