cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wetherspoons :(

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 1,541
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-12-2010

Wetherspoons :(

I dont know if any here use Wetherspoons but i was just sent this Sad   totaly disgusting Angry

Capture.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
18 REPLIES 18
Steve
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 6,853
Thanks: 340
Registered: ‎13-07-2009

Re: Wetherspoons :(

WS.png

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,561
Thanks: 972
Fixes: 52
Registered: ‎02-03-2016

Re: Wetherspoons :(

That's a fake account.

@Steve beat me Tongue

Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 1,541
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-12-2010

Re: Wetherspoons :(

Yup i have just found out its fake Sad  sorry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Posts: 7,329
Thanks: 1,853
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎23-09-2010

Re: Wetherspoons :(

I suppose this is all part of the "fake news" phenomenon.

For us ordinary people how would we know half of the time?

I guess that's the problem.

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,786
Thanks: 602
Fixes: 7
Registered: ‎25-07-2007

Re: Wetherspoons :(

It's worrying that  the right piece of "fake news" could actually spark a riot or worse......

AlaricAdair
Community Veteran
Posts: 5,658
Thanks: 652
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎21-03-2011

Re: Wetherspoons :(

It would simplify life greatly if access to the Internet in the UK was subject to a licence issued to a person responsible within the household. Create too much fake news, or engage in cyber bullying and your licence earns penalty points. Too many penalty points and you become disqualified from using the Internet for x months.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
DaveyH
Champion
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 466
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: Wetherspoons :(



God no!!!

That's a idiotic and dangerous suggestion that's too open to abuse, especially with the authoritarian [-Censored-] we have in Government...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

JonoH
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Posts: 3,646
Thanks: 6,182
Fixes: 120
Registered: ‎29-09-2011

Re: Wetherspoons :(

***As always in General Chat these comments are my own and are not Plusnet's***

 

Publishing statements you know to be untrue with the specific aim of inciting hatred should absolutely be an offence, in my opinion sites that repeatedly host fake news without a retraction should be listed as spam in the search results.

 Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Alex
Community Veteran
Posts: 5,137
Thanks: 775
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎05-04-2007

Re: Wetherspoons :(

Yep @JonoH I agree.

Well you see so much false information on the internet, and to be fair you have to use a quality control filter.

How many times have you seen the old Hotmail is going to start charging unless you do x or y, GMail is going to as well (I've not seen one, but I am sure there has been one).

harrym1byt
Rising Star
Posts: 266
Thanks: 33
Registered: ‎15-10-2016

Re: Wetherspoons :(

There is a web site trying to debunk such false information and news called 'Full Facts' https://fullfact.org/

Luzern
Hero
Posts: 4,784
Thanks: 929
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: Wetherspoons :(


@Alex wrote:

Yep @JonoH I agree.

Well you see so much false information on the internet, and to be fair you have to use a quality control filter.

How many times have you seen the old Hotmail is going to start charging unless you do x or y, GMail is going to as well (I've not seen one, but I am sure there has been one).


Sometimes I wonder if the false news migh have even be put out by the business or party in question anonymously to test reactions to a proposal.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Hero
Posts: 3,584
Thanks: 1,498
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎05-09-2016

Re: Wetherspoons :(


@Luzern wrote:



Sometimes I wonder if the false news migh have even be put out by the business or party in question anonymously to test reactions to a proposal.

Yes, the so-called leaks from the government are a way to test public opinion.  They always respond that "there are currently no plans to do" whatever the leak claims is proposed, then - if the uproar isn't too great - they introduce plans to do it.


 

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Posts: 10,859
Thanks: 2,347
Fixes: 16
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Wetherspoons :(


@Luzern wrote:

@Alex wrote:

Yep @JonoH I agree.

Well you see so much false information on the internet, and to be fair you have to use a quality control filter.

How many times have you seen the old Hotmail is going to start charging unless you do x or y, GMail is going to as well (I've not seen one, but I am sure there has been one).


Sometimes I wonder if the false news migh have even be put out by the business or party in question anonymously to test reactions to a proposal.


And introduced on a day when some topical subject in on the news.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Luzern
Hero
Posts: 4,784
Thanks: 929
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: Wetherspoons :(

Maybe we get our devious government from being, as Boney said, "a nation of shopkeepers". We keep a store of shops to shop others with.Roll_eyesFunny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.