Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wetherspoons :(

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Wetherspoons :(

I dont know if any here use Wetherspoons but i was just sent this Sad   totaly disgusting Angry

Capture.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
18 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Wetherspoons :(

WS.png

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

That's a fake account.

@Steve beat me Tongue

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yup i have just found out its fake Sad  sorry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

I suppose this is all part of the "fake news" phenomenon.

For us ordinary people how would we know half of the time?

I guess that's the problem.

Champnet
Rising Star

It's worrying that  the right piece of "fake news" could actually spark a riot or worse......

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It would simplify life greatly if access to the Internet in the UK was subject to a licence issued to a person responsible within the household. Create too much fake news, or engage in cyber bullying and your licence earns penalty points. Too many penalty points and you become disqualified from using the Internet for x months.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

God no!!!

That's a idiotic and dangerous suggestion that's too open to abuse, especially with the authoritarian [-Censored-] we have in Government...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

***As always in General Chat these comments are my own and are not Plusnet's***

Publishing statements you know to be untrue with the specific aim of inciting hatred should absolutely be an offence, in my opinion sites that repeatedly host fake news without a retraction should be listed as spam in the search results.

Jono H
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yep @JonoH I agree.

Well you see so much false information on the internet, and to be fair you have to use a quality control filter.

How many times have you seen the old Hotmail is going to start charging unless you do x or y, GMail is going to as well (I've not seen one, but I am sure there has been one).

harrym1byt
Rising Star

There is a web site trying to debunk such false information and news called 'Full Facts' https://fullfact.org/

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Alex wrote:

Yep @JonoH I agree.

Well you see so much false information on the internet, and to be fair you have to use a quality control filter.

How many times have you seen the old Hotmail is going to start charging unless you do x or y, GMail is going to as well (I've not seen one, but I am sure there has been one).

Sometimes I wonder if the false news migh have even be put out by the business or party in question anonymously to test reactions to a proposal.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Luzern wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if the false news migh have even be put out by the business or party in question anonymously to test reactions to a proposal.

Yes, the so-called leaks from the government are a way to test public opinion.  They always respond that "there are currently no plans to do" whatever the leak claims is proposed, then - if the uproar isn't too great - they introduce plans to do it.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Luzern wrote:

Alex wrote:

Yep @JonoH I agree.

And introduced on a day when some topical subject in on the news.

Luzern
Pro

Maybe we get our devious government from being, as Boney said, "a nation of shopkeepers". We keep a store of shops to shop others with.Roll eyesFunny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.