Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wet, windy and horrible.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Wet, windy and horrible.

Weather's here..
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Wet, windy and horrible.

I have been out in it every 30 minutes to pump out flood water surrounding the house, with the worst of the rain still to arrive !  Roll eyes
At least it is relatively warm - currently 12'C.  Smiley
I can see across the Maldon estuary that there is a big area where the lights have gone out, guessing they have lost electricity  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

The wind has now passed, but the surface water is still rushing into the garden, so will be pumping for a few hours yet !  Sad
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Nr Buxton, Derbyshire...
It was extremely Windy last night here, and Noisy with all the trees around.
Fortunately nothing blown over, just a few branches littered around this morning.
We are in an elevated position, even in our Valley, so no likelihood of floods, there are some horrendous News Videos on TV today.

Today, a Bright Sunny day, Blue Sky, not a cloud in sight !!
9.8ºC
But... that probably means freezing temperatures overnight.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

No obvious floods in the garden this morning but checking the shed and the water reached about 5 inches deep - so lawnmower now sitting on the patio running the fuel remnants off. Will then clean of the underside with the hose then put back in the shed but on bricks which I should have done before as it often gets a couple of inches in it when there is very heavy rain and the adjacent ditch overflows
Community Veteran

Although the Ouse in York is flooding we're 50' higher where we live so no chance of flooding in our village!
Other than that, the sun is shining but it's a damn cold wind blowing strongly. Currently the temp is 6.2C.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Large bottle of home made Sloe Gin and a large log fire in the kitchen range. What bad weather?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
David_W
Rising Star

Nasty wind blew over my motorbike, the brake pedal seems damaged (a bit of drag pushing it) and the brake lever is bent, my cover has been ripped, plastics cracked and scratched.  Not a very good spot of weather, I'll have to wait for better weather to fully assess the damage Sad
Fixes: 121

As I mentioned in another thread our power was cut for around 11 or so hours during the heavy rain and wind last night. A neighbour's metal shed is now in our garden partly destroyed, rain started coming down the supposedly sealed-off chimney and the bathroom is leaking again through the temporary ceiling put up after the ceiling collapsed during the last spate of wind/rain Angry
Much of the garden furniture is strewn all over the place and looks like some is broken but as it's still been raining on and off will leave it for now. Too much to catch up with inside.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not quite as bad up here in the NW of England today.
Yesterday I was on the motorway for a few hours and tended to put my foot down to get past some of these high sided lorries that are vulnerable to overturn if caught in a sudden gust of wind.
Only saw one motorcyclist during that time and he must have been doing eighty or more, no idea how he managed to keep on his bike.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Windy here last night, neighbours have lost a few fence panels but thankfully the car survived a tree falling on it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: PlusComUK
Nr Buxton, Derbyshire...
Today, a Bright Sunny day, Blue Sky, not a cloud in sight !!
9.8ºC
But... that probably means freezing temperatures overnight.

Derbyshire County Council think so too !