Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wet, Wet, Wet

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Wet, Wet, Wet

It's been chucking it down for nearly 24 hours now, with another 2 days at least forecast.
The Bird Baths are overflowing, the Grass is really Green...
The Jazz is also really clean !!
The treatment applied when new is working very well, very rarely needs washing.
And Tesco Car Park & Store was empty at 7am !!
51 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Wet, Wet, Wet

If Tesco don't get rid of the self servive checkouts the car park might be still empty much later in the day. Wink
Fixes: 47

I love Tesco's scan as you shop checkouts because most people don't seem to Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro

Tried that, hated it.
Only good for price checking, too complicated for quantities, or cancelling items.
And at the very large slightly distant Tesco that has it, there are never any queues at all !!
Not one !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Hmm how can we save more wages, lets get the customers to SCAN their OWN shopping, saving us on checkout staff. Not something I will EVER use.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Strat
I love Tesco's scan as you shop checkouts because most people don't seem to Cool
Bet you have no problem in finding your car with all those empty spaces.
Cheesy

Quote from: Hairy
Hmm how can we save more wages, lets get the customers to SCAN their OWN shopping

Made me think of buses.
How can we save on wages?....sack all the conductors, put the door at the front and get the driver to collect the fares.
It's called progress.
Quote from: PlusComUK
Only good for price checking, too complicated for quantities, or cancelling items.

Yes it's good for giving you a running total of your spend if you are working to a budget.
I've had no problem with quantities or cancelling items.
PS I don't work for Tesco.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Hairy
Hmm how can we save more wages, lets get the customers to SCAN their OWN shopping, saving us on checkout staff. Not something I will EVER use.

This is my view too. I hate the damned things. They are paid to offer us a person at the till in the prices of their products. Thats what I expect however our local stores are all slowly sporting more and more tills with no cashiers sat behind them.. yet more and more automated disgraces.
For what? - Shareholders? Does the greed end nowhere?
Strangely Saindsburys and Tesco have made record losses just recently. ALDI and LIDL can be blamed apparently and both of these companies while having much lower prices also have humans behind the till. Strange coincidence...
@Strat that progress is also what causes busses to become delayed etc. Imagine if a train driver had to go and check all his passengers tickets - there would be an outcry from the rich city commuters but we could call that progress too Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Knew I should of cut the grass yesterday, miserable day here

Quote from: 7up
ALDI and LIDL can be blamed apparently and both of these companies while having much lower prices also have humans behind the till. Strange coincidence...

Presumably you have used Aldi or Lidl.
I visit an Aldi most weeks with my daughter and when it's your turn you have to place your trolley at the end of the checkout so that your purchases are scanned and placed in your trolley in record time.
Each customer's time at the checkout is clocked and the speed at which purchases pass through the checkout is timed.
You cannot bag your purchases at the checkout. Instead you take your trolley full of shopping to a bagging area so that the checkout is immediately clear for the next customer.
There is very little time for niceties and you can see the frustration on the staff member when an elderly customer gets a little confused and causes a delay when it comes to paying.
Fortunately it has rained this morning so I don't have to cut the grass.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: Strat

Yes it's good for giving you a running total of your spend if you are working to a budget.
I've had no problem with quantities or cancelling items.

I do a running total in my head, no problem, usually accurate to within £1.
I can also calculate what Cash change I am expecting from other shops, before the Till person has done their thing with the till !!
Without a till, I find that is also a weakness with the younger members of society, perhaps they don't learn about Mental Arithmetic.
But then I did achieve high results in Maths & Further Maths at "A" level, must have that sort of mind !

I just found it fiddly to change things on the device.
Aldi expect their till ops to do 1,000 items per hour..
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: M
Knew I should of cut the grass yesterday, miserable day here

When it looks like the grass needs cutting, I check the online weather forecasts, and choose a day to cut the grass, (and it can take a day to cut all the grass !!, but I have a man to do that)
Most of the time, that works OK.
I just look after quick trims on the main lawn.

Today, it is now........ Sunny, Sunny, Sunny !!
However, even heavier rain is predicted over night, and the thing about all this rain, it makes the grass grow even quicker, at least it is a delightful deep shade of green.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I wish my Credit Card Company wouldn't let me use my credit card on-line during wet wet wet days.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 123

I haven't tried the self-scan option yet.
When I get the chance I'll let you know my thoughts.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

let me guess you in the west?
Here is clear blue sky and really hot, if I put anything on even a thin t-shirt sweating like crazy.