Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welsh Weekend Weather Warning

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Welsh Weekend Weather Warning

Television news, and an important Police warning of severe weather in Wales for this weekend.

They advise anyone travelling to take the following essentials for their journey - so I've packed extra warm clothing, wooly hat, mobile phone, wet weather gear, shovel, extra flask for hot drinks and soup, spare batteries, flares, tow ropes, snow chains, extra food, blankets, toilet paper, clean underpants, torch, and an extra can of petrol.

I'm going to feel a right idiot on the bus.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Welsh Weekend Weather Warning

and here is me thinking that they were going to forecast sun and no rain Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Oldjim  Well, that could, indeed be "extreme" for Wales... But I remember a few years back, having breakfast outside on the terrace, at a Welsh Guest House, in NORTH Wales, up in the hills, 3 miles from Machynlleth, During FEBRUARY !.. It was about 15 degs, with bright sunshine.

Let`s face it though.... Wales would not be Wales, without a few wet days in a week !..  That`s why Welsh Lamb tastes so good. ( due to the lush vegetation they eat ).. (not because the rain makes them taste better ! ! ! )... Smiley

Community Veteran

Oldjim wrote:

and here is me thinking that they were going to forecast sun and no rain Grin

That's what we've had for the past week here - in FloridaWink

Can't beat it.

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Police warning of severe weather in Wales for this weekend.

Met office warning of impending crime wave.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Minivanman wrote:

- so I've packed extra warm clothing, wooly hat, mobile phone, wet weather gear, shovel, extra flask for hot drinks and soup, spare batteries, flares, tow ropes, snow chains, extra food, blankets, toilet paper, clean underpants, torch, and an extra can of petrol.

These "Safe Travel on Motorised Public Service Vehicles within the EU Regulations (Basic Version)"  can now safely (no pun intended) be ignored by the UK.  They illustrate what happens when the commisioner from northern Finland writes common rules for an area that stretches from Greece and Spain to the top of Norway. Smiley