Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well worth reading

thisoldman
Grafter

Well worth reading

http://www.independent.co.uk
front page story      ghost estates and broken lives: the human cost of the irish crash
11 REPLIES
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Well worth reading

Sadly, i have to inform you that this story is peanuts compared to what is about to happen to the uk society, after the detailed  spending cuts and budget details are announced.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You must have psychic powers to know 'what is about to happen to the UK Society'
Community Veteran

Don't get him going again Gleneagles. Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Promulgating dire warnings  on this forum is highly unlikely to change anything....
so it must be considered to be a waste of time..
.  for example.... if there is going to be a flu epidemic spreading from the far east.... having it mentioned on here is hardly likely to stop it... and anyone reading the "dire warning", is most unlikely to have the necessary medical skills, or knowledge to do anything about it...
similarly if there is going to be a "financial crisis"... if you added up all the wealth of everyone on  this forum, there would not be enough money to stave it off.....
and add to that, who is going to collect it, and distribute it to the "right departments" to stave off this financial crisis....
oh, and just to add a bit more gloom and despondency... I doubt very much if anyone on this forum would be inclined to "donate" their personal wealth, for the benefit of the country...

got any more ideas?  Roll eyes
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: gleneagles
You must have psychic powers
I do, in fact, have a crystal ball that gives me special powers - but only until I've drunk all the whisky and the decanter is empty Roll eyes
Community Veteran

But if you really had special powers the decanter would fill itself automatically  Wink Wink
Community Veteran

I too have psychic powers, and I predict that this thread will either:
a) become a diatribe, and be locked, or
b) go out the other side of diatribe into the smooth waters of utter nonsense. I know which I'd prefer.  Cheesy
John
nadger
Rising Star

I think diatribe is a wonderful term  Cool
Community Veteran

Nadger - surely your special powers kick in after the decanter is empty, and dwindle again as the world stops swinging around and you return to earth.  Wink
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Don't get him going again Gleneagles. Roll eyes

I personally don't see much wrong with a lot of the oldmans views to be honest.
When Labour came to power most of the nation was celebrating. If you'd been told back then that they would try to mug you of ever penny you have, scam their expenses and bring the country to its knees then you would probably have laughed and not believed it. Look where we are now  Roll eyes
We've had the england and scotland divide thing time after time in centuries gone by and now we've finally got it working we go and split the 2 countries again. I wonder how long that will work for...
Most people laugh at what they don't want to hear or are afraid of. Some just prefer to believe what sounds to good to be true. I had a colleague recently (before I quit) who would believe nothing else but what the boss said. Apparently we all had 20 days annual leave despite working 4 12 hour shifts. I made a point of saying it was pro rata and all in hours and even made a spreadsheet which calculated everything (and the boss being a total pr*ck ridiculed it... until he was caught out by HQ sending down the leave sheets). No, he wouldn't believe it because the boss said it was days despite knowing the boss was frequently wrong because he's incompetent. Annual leave calculation time came around and he owed the company 4 hours purely because he point blank refused to believe anything other than what the boss said and spread his leave carefully.
We're all in that boat now. We let one government after another gradually erode our rights, Europe laugh at us and the world is watching us crumble. I'll be heading to Dover soon, maybe I can claim asylum and say I'm a victim of political persecution because I'm british  Cheesy
I couldn't find the topic on the linked site, what I did see however was another article about letting farmers loose on the Chernobyl fields in the Ukraine. Now that worries me quite a bit..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

Did you use this to calculate the holiday entitlement. The minimum 5.6 weeks include the public holidays if your contracted started x days plus public holidays then the minimum by law will be 4 weeks.