cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well...will you?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well...will you?

Assuming that you are in the "at risk" category, will you have the Swine Flu vaccination?
Mrs Petlew will almost certainly fall into the category and be offered it, but is currently unsure. Although I'm under (just) 65, I may also do so due to my my contact with many school children, but I'm not sure about that yet.
We both had the annual flu jab last Saturday.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Well...will you?

I don't do flu jabs and haven't had flu since I was at school - and before you ask that was a flaming long time ago.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I'm in the 'at risk' category I believe ( heart condition ) and I'm currently inclined to refuse the Swine Flu vaccination. My opinion is that its being rushed out and I'm not convinced it's adequately tested and is not worth the risk for what seems to be mild flu symptoms is most cases.  I've currently missed all my surgeries walk in sessions for the normal Flu jab as I was on holiday,  just waiting for them to announce when the 'mop up' sessions are and then I'll go for the normal one.
Fixes: 47

I'm with Jim much to my Daughter's annoyance. She wants me to have a syringe full of everything available. Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 104

everything? Naughty girl...
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

I have not decided whether to have it or not.
Had the normal flu one last Friday [had missed the mass session my GP practice runs, but had to go for blood pressure check so got it then] and felt somewhat off colour for a day!  It had no effects last year.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I lean towards MisterW's view. But because of the low level symptoms "most" sufferers seem to report, not because of inadequate testing, which is of course a concern if it eventually does prove to be so. I believe though (and stand to be corrected) that the vaccine has been in use in other parts of the world for a while.
I have the annual jab because Ms Petlew has a myriad of reasons that cause her to have poor natural resistance to anything virulent, so I don't want to increase her risk. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I believe though (and stand to be corrected) that the vaccine has been in use in other parts of the world for a while.

I believe you're absolutely correct there Petlew. As I understand its basically the same as the Avian Flu vaccine except that they've replaced the H5N1 component with an H1N1 variant, at least thats what the governments Chief Medical Officer was saying on the radio this morning as I was driving to the office.

Quote from: Strat
She wants me to have a syringe full of everything available. Roll eyes

Quote from: adiewoo
everything? Naughty girl...

Medicinal  Roll eyes Cheesy
Fixes: 104

that's what they all say Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks

Grin
Community Veteran

i've never had a flu jab and don't intend to start now.
nadger
Rising Star

I've had the annual flu jab for many years and also the once off pneumonia jab.
I'm in the "at risk" category so will get offered swine flu jab and will take it - immune system was severely lowered earlier this year and don't want to take any chances of catching it when keeping hospital appointments.
Community Veteran

I had my annual flu jab on Tuesday and they told me I do not qualify for the swine flu jab so that's me sorted - I hope Cool
Loombucket
Grafter

I shall certainly have one when it becomes available to me, as by the time they get round to me (I don't qualify for any preferential service - I'm neither old enough or ill enough and I'm certainly not pregnant) several million other guinea-pigs will have had theirs already and any nasties will have shown themselves.
I spend my working life on customers' sites and am therefore quite likely to either catch it or pass it on, so any protection I can gain will be worthwhile, both to me and my customers.