cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well we've discussed our favorite adverts on TV...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well we've discussed our favorite adverts on TV...

But, which ads irritate you the most...
Leaving aside any ad related to washing powder or associated products, the the series I find annoying is the striped puppet Vauxhall cars ads. The current rash of 118 ads are a close second.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
34 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Well we've discussed our favorite adverts on TV...

Shake and Vac  - well it isn't washing powder
The car with the wiggly bum (well that was the impression)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that twirp Winner, who on earth would buy anything from that company
Fixes: 101

So many to choose from  Smiley
The comparison sites ads are awful. In fact most insurance ads, ooooohhhhh yeeeeeeeeesssssssss  Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

@Oldjim, odd you should mention Shake n Vac, when I was with Hoover Ltd we were asked to push that to customers when we were servicing their vac's. It was a Hoover Senior used in the ad, and yours truly was hovering in the set background in case it broke down during filming...it didn't, but it was pretty clogged up after several hundred takes.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

@adiewoo,
That wouldn't be a certain BGR Bloomer would it? with their "an accident waiting to happen" ads. very tedious. And...they've been running it for years now unchanged.

craigyoung
Grafter

Daytime ads - particularly loans ones - and double particularly, this one -
"We're financial idiots, so we consolidated our loans into one great big loan.  And after paying our bills, we had some money left over so we went on holiday."
No - you didn't "have money left over", you moron.  You borrowed too much.  Again.
techguy
Grafter

That stupd cadbury ad with the two kids wiggling their eyebrows supposedly to the beat of the music.
Agree with pierre about the Michael Winner esure ads and would add the ones for Sheila's wheels.

Another of the type I hate are those promoting albums of so called bands that all sound similar.
StickyMick
Grafter

Pretty much all of them get up my craw. I find most of them embarrassing to say the least.
And I think it's high time those kitchen cleaner, and washing powder ads were taken to book about some of their claims. I mean, what's an "Intelligent Stain Seeker"?  Huh
Euge
Grafter

I agree with techguy except that the cadburys advert would have been good if it was only 5-10 seconds. afterthat point it gets stupid and is simply poor marketing
techguy
Grafter

Thank goodness they took off Barry Scott who yelled constantly about Cillit Bang.
Bang and he was gone. Smiley
StickyMick
Grafter

He's still there, Techguy. They just gagged him. Tongue
techguy
Grafter

Oh any broadband ad extolling the virtues of wireless by saying you can work anywhere in the house, you can provided the application you are using doesn't require a constant connection or doesn't flip out when it detects fluctuations in signal strength.
scootie
Grafter

@techguy.
Yes that anoys me to.
Best wireless provider statment is what gets me. I would think a stament like that was a better claim for a 3G op not adsl.
find it strange that in the advert hes only a few feet away in a bed sit appartment using no brand router yet no signal.
i know my netgear works at bounderies of my 3 bed house.
dont now if wpa is now default when the new version's of the hub are reset. but when setting a friends homehub up a year ago default was WEP.
think they should add to the advert. we have lowest default wireless sercuity. yes you can have no encpt but why let alittle thing like that put you off claiming somthing Lips are sealed
i will leave VM's advert out the post as  words cant describe what i think of the filmstar advert. well they can but not fit for broadcast
Community Veteran

Another quite new group of ads that seem in the present climate to be ill timed at least, are the major banks launching new ads telling you how good they are and how well they look after you and your money...Stable doors and horses come to mind!!