cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well this is a quiet week isn't it?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well this is a quiet week isn't it?

Normally very active in Chit Chat except at the weekends... and this week and last week have almost been dead!
Where are you all? Anyone would think it's.. Ohhhhhh thats it. Silly me.... It's nearly the shortest day of the year.. you're all naturally making the most of the dark evenings by getting cosy in bed eh?  Cheesy
And to think... anyone else with a bit of intelligence would have thought it was because of christmas!  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Well this is a quiet week isn't it?

Quote from: 7up
because of Christmas!  Wink

I really wish I could say I hadn't noticed yet but it's been a "commercial" Christmas now for over a month.
I nearly hate that as much as the prolonged 5th of November which, around here, starts a week before and usual bangs on to the middle of January.
There's something silly, ridiculous, and dangerous with some people setting off what I would consider "display class" fireworks from a tiny front garden.
I much prefer a "quiet" forum rather than the interminable threads about diesel, hybrid cars, or moderators. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

When I was a kid in the 80s the fireworks would start a month before November 5th - and they'd get set off in the middle of the day too  Huh
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Soooo, nothing's changed then? Same happens round here, fireworks start in the beginning of october, and still continue into december (though not as frequently), with daytime artillery being set off by kids who have rather irresponsible parents... Roll eyes