Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that didn't last long!!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well that didn't last long!!!

I kid you not.. within days of a staggering victory, the SNP are falling apart:

Who on earth saw that coming? - I certainly didn't! I thought the SNP lot would at least be sticking together as they're "Stronger for Scotland" but already they're disagreeing about things?
Alex Salmond lost the referendum on independance. What is it that continues to make him think people want it?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Well that didn't last long!!!

He'd best paint his 'arris' blue and stand on a hill waving it at the English (for all the good it will do), at least William Wallace had the support from many of his followers.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I'm sure the SNP will realise that having won almost all of the Parliamentary seats in Scotland they are now in the "Blame Zone".  It is going to be very difficult to retain all of those seats as political reality sinks in to the inhabitants of Scotland.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But the Scots used to run the Labour party and there were half a dozen Scottish ministers from the Lib Dems in the last government. So Scotland will have less influence for the next five years. Apart from shouting and bawling..... Oh oh so they will fit right in at PMs question time  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Steve
Pro

I'm beginning to think you are just winding me up now. Alex Salmond was asked one simple question in an interview I have seen where he was only asked if he would see independence in his political lifetime to which he simply replies yes. As usual that excuse of a paper is just stirring it up but you should know that 7up.
Community Veteran

Quote from: M
I'm beginning to think you are just winding me up now.

He's a pro-conmen nut who's smugness radiates like the stench of manure from a farm, it's best just to ignore people like that, don't lower your IQ level to theirs to try to reason with them... Wink
Steve
Pro

Nicola Sturgeon will soon put Salmond in his place if he steps out of line. Every interview I've watched him in lately he is always referring to her. As crazy as this may sound to some members of this board is although Scotland SNP has practically wiped out all the parties up here a lot of people still don't want independence. A close friend of mine votes SNP for Scotland's interests but does not want independence.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

YOU should know me better than that. I have not seen the interview you speak of but if the press have got wind of something there is usually a reason for it.
Quote from: twocvbloke

He's a pro-conmen nut who's smugness radiates like the stench of manure from a farm, it's best just to ignore people like that, don't lower your IQ level to theirs to try to reason with them... Wink

Who are you talking about? - Me or Salmond?  Shocked I'm pro conman or smug. I just speak it as i see it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Quote from: 7up
I have not seen the interview you speak of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYJkxL7awU
Edited to add the correct clip
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I saw a different interview, which seems to be the one on which that Daily Mail article is based. Salmond was asked if Scotland was now closer to independence. He said yes. This had to be the correct answer. Much devolution has already been promised and Sturgeon has said that the election results will be used to press for yet more powers being devolved. So Scotland has moved CLOSER to independence. That is not the same as saying that the SNP will be pressing for another independence referendum in the immediate future.
Steve
Pro

Wrong segment of the clip I put in my last post here is the bit I meant when the question was posed to him. Remember the question was put to him..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYJkxL7awU
"What Alex said, and I don't think it's a particularly controversial statement, is that he thinks Scotland will become an independent country.
"I think Scotland will become an independent country one day. He said he thinks it will be in his lifetime, I hope that's the case."
FM
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Who are you talking about? - Me or Salmond?  Shocked I'm pro conman or smug. I just speak it as i see it.

Sorry, thought M Steve was referring to mr. Loftus' comments being a wind-up... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

As if  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Well I was over the border yesterday, returning to Scotland up the A7, the Welcome To Scotland sign had been "vandalized" to display Welcome to SNPland  Shocked Lips are sealed
I for one didn't vote for them or for independence. I note though the "Yes" campaigners STILL have all the signs up  Crazy
nanotm
Pro

it will be amusing if Cameron forces Scotland to have fully devolved taxation and spending powers, cutting off the funding tap from hmt will cause an instant 7billion black hole in their finances and she wont be happy about that, of course it will be where the rest of the nhs gets its 8 billion extra from though, I wonder what mrs "i say no to austerity" will do when faced with such a problem I suspect she will enact some form of state agency slash n burn process to shed all the bloat from their fiscal responsibilities, get rid of free prescriptions and introduce fees on par with the rest of the UK for uni placements to go part of the way towards plugging the gap.
I for on am immensely pleased the Tories got a majority and I have zero doubts about them delivering the promised English votes for English laws just as they devolve extra things to Scotland (if they have any sense in the matter at all it will be rushed through in the next few weeks) but of course I fully expect that the main people voteing against such matters will be wee eck and co because despite shouting loudly about how they want out of the union there isn't a hope in hell they could pull it off without plunging Scotland into an economic mess that would take 300 years to recover from.
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you