cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well it looks like good bye from me soon - Nope they have kept me ;-)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Well it looks like good bye from me soon - Nope they have kept me ;-)

I REALLY have to save some money and as the PO are offering BB+phone for £5/month less then PN are I will be asking for a mac code on Monday (I tried just now but of course they close at 5:30)  Cry
And given PN's only making M2 at M3 prices on CURRENT products I can't get it cheaper.  Cry
Looking at their t&c peak time is between 6-11pm, and as long as you don't d/l excessively (? no limits given, and nothing on TBB) outside that they don't care. Now given the throttling on PN's from (12pm on) I think I can manage that.
As I said in another post I listen to on-line music all day and at usage of (up to) 40Gb/month just for that I don't think I will find a better offer. (That and dowloading HD iplayer etc, I can easily d/l 200Gb+/month)
Only down side is it is a 12month contract on the BB, but in 12 months I may have a job (see that pig fly past the window just now) and fibre maybe here (look there goes another  Wink)

28 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Well it looks like good bye from me soon

But only 8mbps - of course that wouldn't affect me given the distance to the exchange and it depends how they apply their FUP http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/POS1573FairUsePolicyA4_v4.pdf
Community Veteran

As I have said, I am only on adsl+* not 2, or fibre (maybe next year)
The fup mentioned (I did read it  Wink before you posted it) says "excessive ... during peak hours" which are 6-11pm so not a real problem.
I normally slow it down then anyway to actually watch something  Cheesy
*(I was getting 7Mb during the summer but now the rainy season had started I have dropped to 6Mb)
Well off to watch some TV  Kiss
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Will be sorry to see you go as you've been around for a bit and despite the odd heated feud we've all had here with each other you're a valued member.
Some former PN users still manage to post here after leaving so you might still be able to come back and visit..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jmd
Grafter

Yes, I still post occasionally on here although now with Sky as that worked out cthose heaper with the TV/phone and free BB................... I like to come back on Forum just to see who is still here, those who have given me useful advice in past, who still likes to stir things a bit, but find at times it is like the TV you get a lot of repeats! Wink
Community Veteran

Before you leave give PN a call and ask if there is anything they can do.  I think you might be pleasantly surprised Lips are sealed
Force9Original
Grafter

Can you get orange broadband ,now its a full BT product . ? Unlimited with phone for £17.75pm* Plus any cashback Wink
seems they only throttle p2p/newsgroup during peak   ( 3db & fastpath is available judging by the forums)
http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/com.instranet.InstraServlet?Command=com.instranet.CmdBlobGet&DocId...
Another ex user who's now gone LLU
scootie
Grafter

if your going to post office there's a word of warning from an ex customer, there QOS on the broadband side was tip top on the 1.7mb line i ran it on.
But keep an eye on your billing, save all the limited invoice info from the member center and download the pdf files straight away (they didn't link right after first months bill) that was also the same time they randomly stopped the DD well didn't stop it but never took money so we went pay by cash and not once even during the end battle with them did any paper correspondence come to are address.
online member center rubbish, CSC staff have habit to refuse to be in the wrong and biggest of all the billing or lack off it
heard a story on here when i posted about them and some one said they knew of a PO customer who had no money taken for the whole year, sounds good but can knock your budgeting for six
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

How about calling the Plusnet sales team and see if you can get lifetime free unlimited broadband in exchange for advertising in your next book ?   Cheesy

Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin

Edit:  I forgot ! - Plusnet don't do 'unlimited'  D'Oh.    Roll eyes
Community Veteran

@purliegh
Wish I was Dave or Si, could do with their money  Cheesy
@Force9Original
Thought about Orange but their fup is about 100Gb/month on a BT line.
@Asbo Fog
Will keep that in mind, only "complaint" I have seen on TBB is one saying they upped his line rental to £26/month to cover the calls  Shocked But as I rarely make phone calls that will not be a real issue.
I am going to have to call the "retentions" line anyway to get a mac, and last time I checked what I am on was as low as they were willing to go.  Cry
I will see about keeping my forum login so I can keep the "discussions" going  Wink
Well got 2 weeks (roughly) left after I initiate the transfer.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Hope you do keep in touch with this forum as you have offered me some excellent advice on Linux issues.
I guess I speak on behalf of a number of other forum members whom you have given good advice to.
Community Veteran

Re: Well it looks like good bye from me soon - Nope they have kept me ;-)

Well got to the cancellations team (eventually) and asked for my mac, was offered an even better deal and so I will be staying, for another year anyway  Wink
Interesting that they wouldn't match the M2/3 price but will reduce it to keep you  Tongue
Community Veteran

Well you got a good result Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I refer to the answer I gave earlier

see .... http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99547.16.html
Reply number 23  Cheesy
Community Veteran

@Shutter, strangely this time I DIDN'T ask for a saving, I asked for a mac straight off. I was then offered a "deal"  Cheesy
Last time I called asking for a cost shaving, I was told that was as low as it could go, strange the difference a month makes eh.  Grin