Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well it is for a good cause I suppose

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well it is for a good cause I suppose

But...
However, does anybody on the BBC show "Lets dance for Comic Relief" seem to you (no names as it might be libellous) that they might be a bit the worse for drink?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
17 REPLIES
techguy
Grafter

Re: Well it is for a good cause I suppose

Think you'd have to be wouldn't you?
Comic Relief evening is great but why all the other stuff?
People should just give some money as it does do a lot to help people in UK as well as overseas.

Personally I find all these dancing/talent shows nauseating.
Community Veteran

And John Sargeant finally good a reward
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2009/02/25/oldie-award-sergeant/
PS - I don;t read Hello Magazine - it was just Google News that pulled that site up --  honest  Grin
techguy
Grafter

Deny all you want Mal, we know you do really  Cheesy
As for John Sargeant, think he should have stuck to political reporting as he was obviously better at it judging by that over used clip showing him dragging that poor woman along the floor.
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
PS - I don;t read Hello Magazine

Just look at the pictures  Wink
skippyonspeed
Grafter

I'll be glad when the public get bored with all these cheap tv 'real' life & talentless shows......and who hell actually phones in?
Community Veteran

Well, skippyonspeed, you've pre-empted another question I was going to ask: Do you KNOW anyone in your circle of friends, work colleagues, family etc. who has actually phoned in to vote on one of these shows?
I don't. (or at least admitted to it)

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 104

Sadly yes, but only 1.....
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I don't know anyone who has voted, at least that will admit it.
I cannot see what the entertainment value of these programmes is. I didn't watch the programme in question but I did see Jo Brand dancing like Brittany Spears.
What the hell is that all about, on the BBC?
Community Veteran

Uhmm! one can imagine a vast army of "board-men" prompts behind the cameras telling the audience when to cheer and scream or hold up pre-prepared posters, otherwise they might not know. Just occasionally you can see this happening from the gormless expressions of the audience nearest the camera who suddenly burst into life "on cue"
I really cannot get on with the mindless screaming that goes on in these shows, currently, by far the worst in this respect is "Dancing on Ice" where the presenters/"judges" are constantly drowned out (maybe thats not such a bad thing though!) And why is such a drama made of the breaks coming up, when most can see the count-down marker in the top right of the screen, rounded corner screens (where it might be hidden) must be pretty thin on the ground nowadays. And, why are there so many breaks anyway on D on I?
And since I'm complaining about Dancing on Ice, why has nobody (of a female persuasion) complained about the sexist film clips shown before and after the breaks that show ONLY female skaters falling over, does this mean that male skaters never fall?
Why do I observe so much about D on I...SWMBO likes it...
As reality shows go, the only one I like to watch occasionally that seems to put the contestants throughly through the mill with very little sympathy is Masterchef. However, I do realise at the end of the day (sorry for that) it is still an entertainment show.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Some people just like complaining !... Shocked Cheesy..
When we went to run a tearoom for someone for a short while, we were advised by the owners (with photographs) about the "professional complainers" who came in, and found the smallest thing wrong with the food or drink, sufficient to cause a riot, and expect to be "publicly re-imbursed" with either a double cash refund or a free meal, before they would sit down and shut up, or leave......
Fortuantely, I only had to deal with one of them, it could have turned nasty, until I spoke very loudly for all to hear that they were "professional complainers"...and I used the last seven words above, which made them do just that ..... !
Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

I wonder if PN have a list on that flip chart we see on the webcam  in csc- of the PN customers who are "professional complainers"
Which of us is on it ?  Wink Grin
Community Veteran

At my club some members are referred to as 'High maintenance members'. Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
I wonder if PN have a list on that flip chart we see on the webcam  in csc- of the PN customers who are "professional complainers"
Which of us is on it ? 

I really couldn't begin to imagine who you mean...

Fixes: 47

I do..http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74146.0.html  Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation