cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well done Plusnet!

chrisco
Grafter

Well done Plusnet!

I have just received the April copy of my Which? magazine & in the survey The best (& worst) Broadband Providers, Plusnet have scored 78% overall for satisfaction, 3rd position just behind Utility Warehouse 80% & top was Zen at 87%.
So congratulations you're doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool (FYI AOL came bottom with Sky sitting on their shoulders)!
11 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Re: Well done Plusnet!

Grin
woo!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Pfft.....which don`t know what they are talking about..... as far as I am concernd....
Plusnet is 100% best.  Smiley
wykehamhouse
Grafter

I am a bit confused by Which always rating Utility Warehouse so highly. From all the user reviews I have read, they sound awful.
Plusnet are much, much better. I would go as far as saying that they are better than Zen (I have used them before)! For the price, the quality of service is really unbelievable.
Community Veteran

Isn't Utility Warehouse a broker which buys services from mainstream suppliers Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: wykehamhouse
I am a bit confused by Which always rating Utility Warehouse so highly. From all the user reviews I have read, they sound awful.

Yes I've read many bad things about them too including their hidden charges etc which make them more expensive than othe providers for energy. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I'm honest.
@Plusnet: When are you going to do us a good broadband, phone, gas and leccy all-in-one package? - It really would make life a lot easier and there is no excuse for you not to be offering this now!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sprite,
Good question ! Hope Plusnet pass it on to those to those further up in the organization.
Community Veteran

Me too. It really would make life so much more convenient for people if they could just have everything with one company. When you move, just notify one company and they do all four services for you. Job done.
This country is a service industry country and yet we still don't have these sort of conveniences yet. Come on plusnet... Gas ans leccy is a big market.
Fixes: 123

Agreed, it seems a sensible idea.
On the down side, though. If you have a major gripe with a company and decide to move all utilities to a new one what happens if that move goes wrong and you lose telephone, broadband, gas and electric all in on go for several days. Not a nice scenario but I guess it could happen Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

There must be a good reason why BT and Virgin haven't done it Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
gas and electric all in on go for several days

Your gas and leccy do not get disconnected. Phone and BB I've no idea about.. anything where BT is involved is asking for trouble anyway but the gas and leccy should in theory be a simple matter of providing meter readings. One company cease billing you and the other starts.
Quote from: artmo
There must be a good reason why BT and Virgin haven't done it Wink

Last I knew, BT were only interested in their own industry - telecoms. As for Virgin, I thought Branson was only really into technological stuff really. I agree with what you're saying, it doesn't make sense for virgin not to have done it but maybe they just didn't want to.
chrisco
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Quote from: wykehamhouse

Yes I've read many bad things about them too including their hidden charges etc which make them more expensive than othe providers for energy. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I'm honest.
@Plusnet: When are you going to do us a good broadband, phone, gas and leccy all-in-one package? - It really would make life a lot easier and there is no excuse for you not to be offering this now!

The reason they are more expensive is because they have agents with a team under them, (you can't just sign up on the net, you have to go through the agent or one of their team members),  the agents earn from each customer that a member of their team sign up - a bit like Amway. The money goes towards their rake off. I know one of the agents & she almost persuaded me to sign up. I did my own calculations & I would have been so much worse off.
Why do they always get a high rating by Which?...........my theory is the people who are with UW & answer the surveys for Which are mostly agents so they would score them highly for cheapness & customer service as they have a vested interest - simples!