cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I suppose there a good reason somewhere...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well, I suppose there a good reason somewhere...

I was waiting for an important package this morning, to be delivered by a well known national carrier.
I received a text this morning to say that delivery would be between 10:12 and 11:12 (not 10 past or quarter past you will notice) I saw the van pull up at 7 minutes past 10, so I went to the front door to collect.
"Sorry", said the driver "I can't scan the details until 12 past", "it will have to wait 5 minutes" and indeed he showed me that his reader rejected the delivery as too early.
How daft can you get!!
I did of course get the package dead on time, which I suppose I should be grateful for.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Well, I suppose there a good reason somewhere...

DPD / Interlink?  Sounds like their system.
They (normally) route and track their vehicles very efficiently, looks like your driver managed to 'get ahead of himself', these may be 'safeguards' against drivers driving too fast or missing deliveries to meet their timeslots. Odd though, maybe a glitch in the software expecting the vehicle to take longer between to particular places.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 47

School holidays = quieter roads maybe.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Must be DPD. I've had to chat to the delivery guy for a few minutes until the stated earliest time arrived.
Community Veteran

I've known them to sit around the corner until they are within their time window. Have to say I always get good service from DPD Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Worth waiting five minutes for a "known" delivery experience.... rather than waiting all day for a non delivery experience...  Cheesy
chuffchuff
Rising Star

Could be worse!
According to the Amazon website, our parcel was delivered to me
at 12:45 by Royal Mail yet we never received it. So I called Amazon who said that
according to their information it would not be delivered until Friday.
10 minutes ago a neighbour called with the parcel and said that she had
found it thrown over her side gate!
Community Veteran

So...... wait until Friday... then phone amazon again... and complain that the package they said would be delivered, hasn`t arrived... and please could I have a refund........  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Have to say I'm always pleased when I order something and DPD is the courier, always had good service and within the one hour delivery slot quoted in the morning, quite addictive watching their live tracking system to see where the driver is!
Community Veteran

Ordered a new laptop from Dell at about 16:00 ..... at 19:30 had an email from UKMAIL to say they had collected it from Dell, and it would be delivered THURSDAY 23rd and they will send me an email with a 1 hour time slot for delivery...
Not Bad Service, that....  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Petlew
"Sorry", said the driver "I can't scan the details until 12 past", "it will have to wait 5 minutes" and indeed he showed me that his reader rejected the delivery as too early.
How daft can you get!!

When i was a cabbie if i got somewhere early i'd then drive off and wait down the road so that the customer didn't feel rushed. Thats really what your delivery man should have done - waited a short distance away.
What you could have done was to say to him that while waiting you'd like to open it and at least inspect the goods (with most couriers you never get chance). That or you take the goods, he takes the box / barcode and signs it off himself - most delivery drivers do that at some point anyway..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I had excellent service from UPS when my laptop had to go back for a new hard drive.
Picked up at 6.30pm Thursday,
Email 9.30pm to say it was in dispatch at airport
Email Friday 05.30 to say it had arrived in Poland
Email at 9.30pm to say it had been collected from the factory
Email Sunday evening to say it was in dispatch at the airport
Arrived back at my Monday 08.30
the thing was when I spoke to someone local about having a new hard drive it would take them 5 days to fix it.
Community Veteran

Further to my previous post...... UK MAIL Delivered the Laptop from Dell at 11:20 this morning......
Fortunately I was at home.... I say.... "Fortunately" ..... because ...... Unfortunately, despite my sending and email to them regarding delivery times, and days, there was no email to give me a 1 hour slot  today... nor was there a text message which I requested...
ah well,... never mind... the actual time from order to delivery is really excellent... 19.5 hours    BRILL.... !.... well done Dell and UKMAIL....  Smiley Smiley