Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I never knew that ! ! ! !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Well, I never knew that ! ! ! !

A Co-op had it`s cash machine "ram raided"   and removed by a stolen digger  SIX WEEKS ago. !..

we go past this shop, regularly, and have often used the cash machine on a fairly irregular basis.  Today, We went to the local vet in the same road ( about 5 shops from the co-op) and I decided to get some money from the cash machine....

What a surprise when I saw a completely new (temporary) new frontage to the co-op... and on enquiring of the staff..."Where`s the cash machine"....... reply...."It`s been stolen"     !

We do have a relative who lives in the village, not 1,000 yards from the co-op... but he never mentioned it, although we have visited him 6 times since it happened !.... We don`t listen to local news, nor do we subscribe to local newspaper... but still... you would have expected the "local" would have told us about it,... and ashamed to say, that I did not notice the "new" frontage until today despit driving through the village 12 times ! ! ..

Reading this report

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/article.cfm?id=120033&headline=Ram%20raid%20at%20Denmead%20Co-op%20...

I find it very amusing what the local plod have to say.....

Hampshire Constabulary Sergeant Stuart Gilmour said: “We know that this incident will cause some concern to the local community.

“I would like to reassure residents that we take such incidents seriously, and an investigation has begun and officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.”

Really  ?  well, that`s a relief...  to know that you take such incidents seriously/.....

.and we all feel a lot safer in our beds knowing that

officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.

seems a bit pointless.... like bolting the stable door.......  ( do they really think the bad guys will be wandering around to see what the local plod are doing about it  ?   ?  )

If they had been doing that before it happened, maybe it would not have happened...  

As a point of interest... I have known this village for over 50 years...and have NEVER seen ANY police presence there..... EVER......

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 106

Re: Well, I never knew that ! ! ! !

.and have NEVER seen ANY police presence there..... EVER......

What, not even in the village pub after hours!!Grin

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@MisterW Nope ! .

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@shutter wrote:

A Co-op had it`s cash machine "ram raided"   and removed by a stolen digger  SIX WEEKS ago. !..

we go past this shop, regularly, and have often used the cash machine on a fairly irregular basis.  Today, We went to the local vet in the same road ( about 5 shops from the co-op) and I decided to get some money from the cash machine....

What a surprise when I saw a completely new (temporary) new frontage to the co-op... and on enquiring of the staff..."Where`s the cash machine"....... reply...."It`s been stolen"     !

We do have a relative who lives in the village, not 1,000 yards from the co-op... but he never mentioned it, although we have visited him 6 times since it happened !.... We don`t listen to local news, nor do we subscribe to local newspaper... but still... you would have expected the "local" would have told us about it,... and ashamed to say, that I did not notice the "new" frontage until today despit driving through the village 12 times ! ! ..

Reading this report

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/article.cfm?id=120033&headline=Ram%20raid%20at%20Denmead%20Co-op%20...

I find it very amusing what the local plod have to say.....

Hampshire Constabulary Sergeant Stuart Gilmour said: “We know that this incident will cause some concern to the local community.

“I would like to reassure residents that we take such incidents seriously, and an investigation has begun and officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.”

Really  ?  well, that`s a relief...  to know that you take such incidents seriously/.....

.and we all feel a lot safer in our beds knowing that

officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.

seems a bit pointless.... like bolting the stable door.......  ( do they really think the bad guys will be wandering around to see what the local plod are doing about it  ?   ?  )

If they had been doing that before it happened, maybe it would not have happened...  

As a point of interest... I have known this village for over 50 years...and have NEVER seen ANY police presence there..... EVER......

@shutterSo it's your fairly irregular basis out gunned by the robbers' completely irregular basis. Poor show! Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Luzern Obviously !...

I`ll pass that information on to the officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.    It may well help them with their Inquiries,  ( or should that be Enquiries  ? ? ? )   never quite worked that one out... !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Brings a new meaning to crash, cash & carry.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@shutter wrote:

@Luzern Obviously !...

I`ll pass that information on to the officers from the Neighbourhood Policing Team will be patrolling the area.    It may well help them with their Inquiries,  ( or should that be Enquiries  ? ? ? )   never quite worked that one out... !

@shutter Any help?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yeah... Thanks... depends whether you`re a Yank or a Limey !

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@gleneagles Or,...  " Do you want cash back? "

Erm ..... "no thanks.... I`ll get some later tonight ! ! !   " 

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Thieves are not always the brightest though; shortly after the National Lottery started someone stole a lottery terminal from a shop, presumably thinking they could print themselves unlimited tickets!

The new Countdown display from the bus stop outside one of the main underground stations in this area was stolen shortly after being installed a few years ago.  I imagine they are wireless so perhaps the thief just wanted to be able to tell when the next bus was due from the comfort of his living room sofa.  He could of course just have downloaded the app to his mobile phone and saved himself the trouble.