cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I’m going to say it if no one else is.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Well I’m going to say it if no one else is.

I noticed a thread last night where the level of let’s just say ‘interaction’ between two forum members went, in my opinion at least, a bit to far.

I’m not going to go into the “We’re all allowed an opinion” but when it comes to what I saw posted then that’s gone to far and if I were a Mod I’d have given the offenders an instant 7 day ban, if for no other reason but to allow them to cool down.

If you don’t agree with me then that’s fair enough, nothing I can do about that.

75 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Well I’m going to say it if no one else is.

IMO mods are too busy fixing incorrect quotes than to actually moderate!
because, you know, incorrectly quoted posts are the main problem when it comes to moderating.
Community Veteran

@chenks76 - I honestly don't know what sort of workload a Mod is under, but if what you are suggesting is correct (which I doubt) then maybe it's time to bring some more Mods onboard.

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@Mook - I totally agree with you. Certain posters (and they all know who they are), need to wind their heads in a little, AND remember part of the subtitle to this forum 'friendly chat'.

I have almost stopped posting, because a very small minority seem unable to contribute without being offensive. I'm not saying we should all agree, but disagreement does not need to sink to the childish levels we are seeing.

John
Community Veteran

Mook wrote:

@chenks76 - I honestly don't know what sort of workload a Mod is under, but if what you are suggesting is correct (which I doubt) then maybe it's time to bring some more Mods onboard.

not sure what you thought i was suggesting, but i was implying that the mods seem to (that's how it seems to me anyway) concentrate on fixing quotes than actually moderating content. maybe that's all the remit they have.

maybe "more" isn't the word i would use, but "fresh" would be the word i would have used.

Community Veteran

I followed this thread yesterday and even contributed to it before it got out of hand.

Long before it blew up the mods should have removed the offending poster(s)  and issued an immediate ban for at least 7 days. We don't need these gutter posts on the forum.

Community Veteran

@chenks76 - I was saying that I don’t think the Mods spend their time just fixing broken quotes, I guess there is a lot more to it than that.

To be fair I think the current mods do a decent job, but I am surprised that the issue in question was allowed to go on for the time it did. But as I don’t know what their remit covers then I shall say no more. Maybe one of the Mods will care to comment.

Anonymous
N/A

Perhaps it would be best to close General Chat down - it seems to serve little purpose other than providing entertainment for a handful of regulars who have nothing better to do with their time.

Community Veteran

that was discussed in a thread not that long ago, and i was all for it being removed.
the forum as a whole should be for plusnet related topics only.
too many people seem to use this forum only for the general discussion section and post things which clearly are pushing a certain agenda.
jab1
Seasoned Pro

@notinmyname I disagree - politely - under normal circumstances, General Chat allows for exchanges of views and information that doesn't fit anywhere else, and provides for some light relief.

John
Community Veteran

Sometimes it can seem that way @notinmyname, but I for one would miss it if it weren't here.

Community Veteran

jab1 wrote:

@notinmyname I disagree - politely - under normal circumstances, General Chat allows for exchanges of views and information that doesn't fit anywhere else, and provides for some light relief.

think the point was though, why is the plusnet support forum that place to exchange views?
there are plenty places on the internet to do that.

jab1
Seasoned Pro

I may be wrong here, because I don't visit many forums these days, but most those I used to frequent had a 'general chat' section, which sometimes was more popular than the support sections - I know the old Tiscali forum general chat was VERY popular.

John
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I enjoy the general chat Smiley    we can all come here have a laugh and some banter Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

I see no reason that Chat should be closed. If you don't like it then there is a simple answer - don't contribute.