cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites - does PlusNet (or partner) host sites for web and email (I have a DNS)?

ian2richardson

Websites - does PlusNet (or partner) host sites for web and email (I have a DNS)?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Websites - does PlusNet (or partner) host sites for web and email (I have a DNS)?

Not unless you are a Business Customer

quelquod
Aspiring Pro

Re: Websites - does PlusNet (or partner) host sites for web and email (I have a DNS)?

Not now for private customers, but many of us have a (small) webspace allocation from days of yore. I have 2 small websites hosted with PN for instance and the email from them is aggregated with the rest of my mail from the PN server.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If you don't have demanding requirements you can have a website hosted free on Google. You can even tie a domain name to your website with some basic tinkering.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
craigsteph1962

I have a site made on Sitebuilder and a domain registered and hosted by plusnet Try as I might I cannot get this to link altering DNS records on my account as advised by Site builder and support at Plusnet say they do not actually support pointing anyway! So why is there a section for pointing DNS records on the site? Any advice?     

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Web hosting maybe something for PN to consider in the future (again)? Wink

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Extremely unlikely.  It's a very different business / support model which Plusnet is progressively moving away from.