cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website issues

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Website issues

Ordered an item on the internet from a well known retailer, entered all the usual details but after entering my card details was informed my credit card had been declined, entered the details again and it then said, thank you for your order we will send you a email......2 hours later no email.

Contacted customer support via landline.....no sir we have no details about a order from you.

Contacted the credit card company.....A charge has been made against your account for £x by the company in question.

So that's a fair amount of my time wasted and possibly more if no email turns up as the item is large and needs to be signed for, so I can be in at the time.

I had a similar experience with another company who made a charge against my account but admitted they had no record of an order from me, seems this may be more common than I thought unless I have been unlucky.

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Website issues

You haven't fallen victim to a fake web site have you? Did you check for the secure lock symbol when you made the payment?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Website issues

@nozzer

I doubt it's a fake site as the credit card company confirmed the sum of money involved and the company (John Lewis)

the credit card company also gave me a transaction number, if it did turn out to be a faked website using that name I am sure the credit card company would be aware of that.

Smiley