cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather forecast sites

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Weather forecast sites

Metcheck is giving me an error report at the moment.... can`t find out what the weather is from them for Portsmouth.
So I went to the Met Office site, and checked it there..
Good news folks..... Midnite to 0300 visibility GOOD
                                      0300  to 0600  visibility VERY GOOD
                                      0600 to 0900  visibility VERY GOOD
So you don`t need to put your car lights on tonight when driving around here !!!.
8 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Weather forecast sites

In meteorology, visibility is a measure of the distance at which an object or light can be clearly discerned. It is reported within surface weather observations and METAR code either in meters or statute miles, depending upon the country. Visibility affects all forms of traffic: roads, sailing and aviation. Meteorological visibility refers to transparency of air: in dark, meteorological visibility is still the same as in daylight for the same air.
Community Veteran

Just copied and pasted that , and cut it out, to keep with my driving licence,  so I can show it to the officer when he stops me, for not having any lights on.... ! Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mikeyd
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Metcheck is giving me an error report at the moment....

Metcheck is not being looked after at the moment because the owner is in Jail.  I hope they throw away the key.  www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-16990974.html - 131k . 
Community Veteran

Hmmmm !  Worried about "weather bonk" now !!... Shocked
Think I`ll remove both from my bookmarks, and put the met office in there instead ! Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you got the side bar for Firefox?
Community Veteran

No, I don`t have all the gizmo`s and sidebars, they only take up room on the screen, and on the computer, so less is more.... !!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Anyway, as previously mentioned I usually do my own weather forecasting, from the same info you get Pierre !. It was just a curiosity that I went to metcheck.... then the met office... !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the met office one sits on the bottom bar and only pops up on the screen when you want it