cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've officially lost it. Well done to our politicians.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

We've officially lost it. Well done to our politicians.

We've officially lost the race to develop the latest and greatest tech that would change the world for humans. Mind reading tech has been revealed by the japanese that can predict with 90% accuracy, words that you're thinking - before you've managed to speak them.
Needless to say the implications are massive - thought to speech for the disabled, thought control of robots, computers, TVs, cars...even being able to communicate with loved ones via mobile networks using thought alone.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3386875/Could-soon-speak-telepathically-Mind-reading-...
So well done David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Tony BLiar, John Major, Maggie and all the rest of the stupid moronic cretins that have failed year after year to recognise that to stay a world leader we had to invest in technological research and development while discouraging it. Well done you ****ing idiots.
I am so fed up with this country now... we're all being turned into zombie slaves to the money markets and we do nothing that is actually productive anymore.
Sorry for the rant.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
10 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: We've officially lost it. Well done to our politicians.

You quote from the Daily Liar?
The brain reading technology could be used to help astronauts communicate in space (stock picture used) as sound does not travel in the near vacuum in orbit around the Earth.
Astronauts instead need to rely upon radio communications, but the mind-reading device could make this process easier
Crazy Crazy Crazy
You realise "Mind Reading" would only be used in this country by the Thought Police [see 1984].
I challenge you to predict what I'm thinking right know. Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's taken long enough to invent a mind-reader that works, just ask Doc Brown... Grin

As for the state of this country, yeah, the Japanese have made the UK, a former manufacturing power, look like a caveman state, but there's more than just the government at fault, unions are in part to blame, demanding more and more money and benefits pushing the cost of manufacturing and labour up, so the companies either folded or said "Screw you guys, we're going to china"... Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I was a student when Harold Wilson was PM and one of his sound bites was "the white heat of technology" http://www.theguardian.com/science/political-science/2013/sep/19/harold-wilson-white-heat-technology...
So I went into industry under the EITB (the sister organisation the CITB still exists for the Construction Industry) the Engineering Industry Training Board spent the levy on engineering companies to pay for training.
To cut a long story short, subsequent governments didn't have that vision and shut down British Industry, I took my skills and finished up working with French, German, US, Finnish, and latterly Japanese, Chinese and Korean equipment. I've had a good career but it hasn't been good for Britain   Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@7up,
You might be fed up with this country but given the choice what other country would you want to live in ?
If Japan is such a great country how come their financial situation is not that good and their technology did not save them from a nuclear power plant overheating.
How about China ? that was powering ahead until recently but the stock market has dived in recent days and that's a good predictor of what's to come.
Having said that I cannot disagree with your comments about politicians of all parties, it would be hard to find even a dozen who were honest and truthful and not in it for themselves but their failure on technology and research would be further down my list of concerns when compared to the stupid decisions of our involvement in overseas wars and changing regimes with out any thought to the outcome.
The way we protect criminals but give no thought to the victims, the money we send abroad but fail to support our own citizens in their time of need, so sure technology is important but is it a top priority. ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: vilefox

I know exactly what you are thinking but........

It would simply get censored !

Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The brain reading technology could be used to help astronauts communicate in space (stock picture used) as sound does not travel in the near vacuum in orbit around the Earth.
Astronauts instead need to rely upon radio communications, but the mind-reading device could make this process easier
Crazy Crazy Crazy
You realise "Mind Reading" would only be used in this country by the Thought Police [see 1984].

I don't know about you, but we're I an astronaut flossing in space I wouldn't be happy with a 90% rate. Give me 100% rate voice/radio technology any day.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: doris
I don't know about you, but we're I an astronaut flossing in space I wouldn't be happy with a 90% rate. Give me 100% rate voice/radio technology any day.

Do astronauts floss their teeth whilst wearing a space suit?

valart
Grafter

You have to feel sorry for the youngsters starting  out in this country as regards to the politicians it's s..d you pull the ladder up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Do astronauts floss their teeth whilst wearing a space suit?

Maybe I should use thought commands to write my post on my phone!
Or proof read before I hit post button. Smiley
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote tag fixed.]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
sure technology is important but is it a top priority. ?

I never said it was a top priority... but it should be high on the priority list since all of our developments and advancements come from it - from medical to space travel, every new miracle we come across comes from research and development of science and technology.
Quote from: doris

Well 90% success for a new technology is very good when you know it will be improved in the next 5 odd years.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!