Grafter

We used to have a Christmas photo page

A little bit over the top as well
a short 10 Sec video
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25737856@N04/5263891075

5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: We used to have a Christmas photo page

All very nice but I wouldn't fancy their electricity bill when it lands in January.  Round here there are quite a number of folk who trim up the outside of their properties but I honestly don't know why - they can't see them because of the closed curtains and there are very few people who walk the streets at night so why bother?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This year very few people in this area have made the effort to put any sort of Christmas decorations outside their house compared to previous years, not sure if this due to the general feeling of gloom many people feel due to the current and future financial situation they face or are likely to face.
Interesting to know if anyone else has observed a reduction in external christmas decorations on private houses ?
scootie
Grafter

@gleneagles
could be due to the snow giving a free Christmas spirit feeling and so less people feel they need to dress the house, street up to give that feeling in a 10 celius winter heat wave
edit. snowing here yet again
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Interesting to know if anyone else has observed a reduction in external christmas decorations on private houses ?

My mother's mentioned noticing a similar situation around here too.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4