cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're inflation-busting

N/A

We're inflation-busting

Jasmine of the Daily Express reports that we are 'Anti-inflation tip of the day':
Hope that we don't get too popular so that the service goes down!
12 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: We're inflation-busting

we're doomed  Cry
Will Moderate For Thanks
N/A

Hope not!
Here is a clearer version:
"Get broadband for £5.99 per month. Plusnet, a subsidiary of BT, offers the UK’s cheapest broadband service with its standalone package which includes a free wireless router, free set-up, built in firewall, spam protection and a monthly usage allowance of 10GB (enough to send hundreds of emails with attachments). The broadband service has speeds of up to 8MB a second which is fast enough to handle multiple users on one connection, and will download music tracks in a matter of seconds. There are also no extra tie-ins with TV or telephone so all you’ll pay is the £5.99 per month as long as you are in an ‘optimum broadband area’ which 80% off us in the UK are. You will have to take out an eighteen month contract. More details,
see www.moneymagpieexpress.com.";
techguy
Grafter

I reckon you'll see speeds drop through the floor if this is taken up en masse.

Extra tie-ins with TV? Anyone know anything about that?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Sky - it said no extra tie-ins

[me=adiewoo]wanders off to the opticians...[/me]
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

you can borrow my glasses adiewoo.................................................... Tongue

most kind, but I don't need to see a close up of the moon  Wink Tongue
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

He only needs to see that he is on the right platform, at the right time, to go to the right place...... Undecided
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I caught a bit of BBC Working Lunch today. They gave Plus Net  and O2 a mention for cheap unbundled broadband services.
I don't know who was being interviewed but he said that these were for people with no landlines! Roll eyes He probably meant to say that they were for people who didn't want to buy their phone service from their ISP but that was not what he said. He also failed to mention that Plus Net Value is priced *from* £5.99.
The caption to the WL feature explaining that downloads are measured in megaBYTEs and speeds in megaBITs per second actually confused the issue by using MB for both megabytes  and megabits per second (which should have been written Mbps). The Daily Express article mentioned above did the same.
James
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
I reckon you'll see speeds drop through the floor if this is taken up en masse.

Shouldn't do (see speeds go through the floor).  We add capacity based on customer growth.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

What about all the people in the troubled (finacially) Tiscalli who will be looking for a home?