cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We do need a general chat room

thisoldman
Grafter

We do need a general chat room

I am delighted at seeing the vast number of posts and helpfull replies in this general forum.
I was amazed to learn that one member had made 10000 posts over the years.
All this has done ,is to strengthen my deep conviction that  fellow plusnet members would appreciate and enjoy their own general chat room.Other isps  have chat rooms , so why not plus net.

It is, and i am sure many will agree with me, a frustrating experience posting and waiting for responses.

In this day and age of instant communication Im sure there are a lot of people out there like me who would like to communicate with each other instantly and not feel like a soviet union spy dropping posts  in anoinymous rooms.
How many people here would welcome the introduction of a plus net members only chat room?
28 REPLIES
community
Grafter

Re: We do need a general chat room

My experience of this forum here at plusnet is certainly not about having to wait for replies to your own submissions.
Just the opposite, in fact.
I find it gets rapid response (where quick response is really necessary)  and that for me has always been what attracts me to Plusnet forums.
Fixes: 47

There is always this as an alternative http://usertools.plus.net/irc/
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

http://usertools.plus.net/irc/
although I tend not to use it as it exposes my IP (they need the option of registering a "cloak" really)
thisoldman
Grafter

iv never seen anyone chatiing in usertools chat irc
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I thought this was a chat room.!... especially at this end of the forum,  .... seem to recall it is called .....erm.....  er...... Oh yes !  "General Chit Chat ".....  Cheesy

Quote from: thisoldman

I popped over there a while ago but there was no-one in Roll eyes
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Forums rather than chatrooms for me - I prefer to think before typing.
Not young enough to know everything
pierre_pierre
Grafter

your in the minor ority theren
Steve
Pro

This is the general chit chat room,however they could do with getting us a canteen Wink

That's been sorted Steve. They're advertising for the staff http://careers.plus.net/2010/02/11/catering-assistant/ as we speak Smiley
Steve
Pro

Strat are you implying i apply for that to serve you your coffee and buns? Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont be silly e drinks orlicks
Community Veteran

Quote from: thisoldman

And why's that? Because no-one ever bothers to come and chat. Smiley See, it's a vicious cycle. We do have conversations in there – in fact only last night I was chatting to a prospective PN customer and even earned a referral from doing so. But often people will pop in, wait a couple of minutes, see nothing going on then disappear. So because hardly anyone ever hangs around, there're few people with whom to converse when other people enter.
This will probably fall flat on its face but it's an idea anyway: why don't we all arrange to have an IRC gathering when we know we're all free? Could have a big old chat with everyone you know from this forum, in real time on the IRC channel – could be fun.
P.S. If ever anyone needs a link to information about the channel, it's in my sig (plus those of adiewoo and jelv).
N/A

Now, two things from this thread:
First - have decided to apply to be the catering assistant at Plusnet in the hope that I will get free broadband etc. etc. The (not inconsiderable) problem is that should I be successful, my cooking is absolutely abominable so it may well be that  Plusnet will cease to be due to a mass exodus of its staff from PN Towers and you lot will have to find another ISP!  Grin
Next, this Usertools chat thingy - never done it so I have just logged on and nothing happened then someone said hi.
It's flashing a bit. Pls can someone tell me what I am supposed to do?  Huh