cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Buy Any Car

Fixes: 47

We Buy Any Car

I received a text on my mobile an hour ago...

Confirmation: Our car buyer has reserved a 9:10 slot for you at our Croydon branch on Saturday.

For more information click here (URL removed)

A few minutes ago I received a call from an unknown London number and on checking it out it belongs to the Croydon branch of 'webuyanycar.com'.

Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend on Saturday so will not be able to travel the 160 miles to Croydon.

So if anyone is thinking of selling their car on Saturday, I have a free slot available in Croydon.

PS I'm not thinking of selling my car just yet.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
10 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: We Buy Any Car

we do NOT buy any car.con

They wouldn't buy my 1963 Singer Gazelle in showroom condition after a 2 year restoration. Reason?...not modern enough. Undecided

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Fixes: 125

Trouble is 'webuyalmostanycar.com' is not as catchyCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Pete11
Pro

Yeah, I see what you mean. Funny

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Neighbour of ours lost her husband last year, as they both had cars she asked me to drive his car to a location of 'we buy any car.com' as they had offered her a good price subject to them seeing the car, which is fair enough, however she later phoned a well known national dealers who claimed to offer a better price than that offered by anycar.com.

During the process of selling the car to the national dealers he was already aware that she had contacted we buy any car.com which raises a interesting point.....' Is any car .com ' run by a group of main dealers ?  How else could he have known this ?

In my opinion the car was in very good condition with a full service history along with low mileage but she ended up accepting a lot less than the quote given to her by any car .com

Having lost her husband a few months earlier she was in no condition to argue or really refuse the offer considering all the other things she had to deal with under the circumstances and no way did she want to sell through a private sale as being on her own did not want to do that.

Must admit I did not feel to happy about the situation but did not feel I could start expressing my opinion as I could not be certain she could get a better price elsewhere.

Fixes: 125

My understanding of webuyanycar as well is webuyanyhouse is that they are aimed at those who wish for a quick sale and usually offer well under the market price as well as attempt to reduce the price further for even the minor of issues.

This is anecdotal based on what I have read in the national press.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

When we got the renault years ago we paid £1100 for it. Just for a laugh i got a quote from WBAC.com...

They offered just £50 Crazy2

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Update:

After 4 more calls to my mobile this afternoon I answered one.

Me: Hello

Caller: Hello, my name is *******. Are you having a good day?

Me: Why are you calling me?

Caller: It's just a quick call regarding your appointment this Saturday.....

Me: which I didn't make.

Caller: Oh...right, you didn't make the appointment. I will take you off our systems then.

Me: Please do. Goodbye. < I hung up>

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
wisty
Aspiring Pro

Did they have the right registration for your car?

If they didn't, then it could simply be another customer has given them the wrong, or they have mistranscribed, mobile number.

If however they have associated your mobile number with your registration number, the question is how and why - much more worrying. You might want to keep an eye on the car this Friday evening.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

In such situations of doubt I use my well rehearsed Jamaican accent learned from my lovely father-in-law, works a treat.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

While on the subject of cars... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40930898