cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching TV online - subtitles?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Watching TV online - subtitles?

I sometimes want to watch a TV prog (live) online... and use the http://www.tvguide.co.uk page by clicking on "watch"...  although the guide shows progs have subtitles, I am wondering if there is the facility on this page somewhere, to access subtitles on live tv progs ?
3 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Watching TV online - subtitles?

I would love this as I am hard of hearing!!! BBC iPlayer have it but after programme is live. Also when watching live I.e news subtitles are delayed
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah, Me too.... and the subtitles on the news "hang" just in the middle of a sentence and then the newreader goes on to another story, and you never got to know what the guy (or woman) was saying/meant in the sentence... and the new story gets shortened in the subs as well, to try and catch up, so you miss out twice... very annoying....
cant understand that really, as the news reader is reading from an autocue, so they already know what he is going to say...why can`t they just put up the autocue.... Live interviews sometimes present a problem, but not as bad as the news and "normal" live studio stuff that is on autocue...
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I especially like to watch BBC Panorama.  I don't understand because the other nigh Panorama was on about Malala doing education rights.  It wasn't live. The subtitles were also delayed and I was absoloutley annoyed!!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up