cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch it !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Watch it !

Just been on Ebay.... wanted a couple of 18mm watch straps..... 99p (each)  inc p&p From Hong Kong..... !   ...   What a bargain.... no need for second thoughts...
so....

why are there [font=Verdana]"9 Watchers"[/font]   watching a " Buy it Now"  Watch strap....

makes you wonder..... perhaps they are waiting for the price to go down....or maybe they are just wasting time !..!...    Roll eyes
8 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Watch it !

naw I often shove things on buy it now in my watch list for a later date, or to ask the comptroller if its something we want/need......
but since it takes a form 43 filled out in triplicate and submitted at least 3 months in advance to get approval for unplanned spending it can take a while to get a definitive answer and then make the purchase  Cheesy
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Guilty as charged!
I do the same thing. See something I want / like / need / desire but can't afford at present s I'll add it to the watch list for a later date.
To date over 50 items have vanished and been wiped from my 'wanted' list  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah...... But......99p ?  hardly something you need to save up for, or get approval from swmbo/financial adviser ......  Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

ahh but mine has an iron fist on the grounds that if I buy 1 99p item then i'll probably buy fifty 99p items so if I can prove I still want or need it after 90 days then its able to be discussed ......
I'm not sure why I agree to such things other than someone has to wipe my arse and I'd best do what they want .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Maybe other sellers who want to see if these items sell at the advertised price ?
TORPC
Grafter

You have 4 watch(es) in your 1st post that is = to 2 x couples for free Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
Yeah...... But......99p ?   hardly something you need to save up for, or get approval from swmbo/financial adviser ......  Roll eyes

I have £0 income at the moment and thus every penny counts - especially 99 of the little critters!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I often use 'watch it' as a memory jogger.