Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch FORREN TV on-line FREE !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Watch FORREN TV on-line FREE !

Just been checking out this site...

https://www.firstonetv.net/Live

Have been watching "live" tv from Austria, Australia, Belgium,Denmark, Finland, 

Plenty of "sport" channels,. which may be useful to those footy fans.   Cycling, Tennis, etc..

Needs some time to "select" channels available...e.g. there are 143 channels in France... Obviously, they are in the language of the country, but I was watching a prog about technology, from Belgium TV station that had English commentary, with Belgium (?) subtitles ( can`t remember the two languages they used)...

If you are interested in learning, or want ot "brush up" you forren language skills,... might be useful..

A lot of the countries, show UK progs,... such as Midsomer Murders, Inspector Morse,  etc etc, dubbed into the local languages...

You can even watch 93 UK channels... !  and 76 Usa channels...... You do not need a VPN to disguise the fact that you are in the UK... but if you did.... use the "Windscribe" add-on with Firefox.. ...

You may be presented with a "White" screen area... and assume that nothing is happening.... just scroll down a bit... and click on "Skip Ad"....  then it should start....  some show "loading" but never show up !.

Worth a look if you are bored...  !

14 REPLIES 14
VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

Re: Watch FORREN TV on-line FREE !

Have you got any easily downloadable foreign channels - I know I could do video+audio capture of a live programme?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

You have to click on the country..... then you get the channels listed.... some do not show any program... (just a screen with Dowloading in the middle)  others you have to click Skip Ad Now.. at the bottom ( hence my scroll down advice ) .. but may still show only the downloading.

interestingly,... there are some Freeview channels, that are not available "live on air"... but are available on the UK page... e.g.  I cannot get London tv.. on my telly, but it is available online... many the time I have seen a film or a prog listed on the telly prog list, but not available for me.

You will just have to do your own research... Australia, Canada and the USA channels should be good... (In english of course ! ).

This linky

https://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/live

shows the programme schedules, ( you have to search a bit for them ) . for all the channels listed... BUT you will have to use a VPN , such as "Windscribe" on Firefox, to view many of the German tv channels in the UK .

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@shutter wrote:

Just been checking out this site...

https://www.firstonetv.net/Live

Worth a look if you are bored...  !

Impressive.....

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@shutter

Nice find! Thumbs Up

Just checked a couple of Australian TV channels and was immediately reminded of the frequent irregular ad breaks you have to suffer on some channels.

VileReynard
Champion

That's why I prefer downloads - the ad breaks are usually deleted.

2u2me
Pro

Yes, these types of sites are handy, if you do a bit of googling, watched the USPGA on a Portuguese sports TV channel,it had one stream with Portuguese commentary , and two with US commentary.    

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@VileReynard wrote:

That's why I prefer downloads - the ad breaks are usually deleted.

Agreed, and no buffering or jerkiness either which still happens sometimes even on FTTP - not because of my connection speed but due to elsewhere on the internet.

The only sport I ever watch is F1 which I always download (in 1080p) whenever the 'highlights only' are broadcast on CH4 - I definitely wouldn't be able to tolerate watching that with an imperfect feed.

VileReynard
Champion

CH4 doesn't work for me.

Not in FireFox, Chrome or even IE (running in a VM).

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I can't watch FORREN TV on-line for free because I need a TV License, which I don't own. And just in case of doubt..

Do I need a TV Licence if I watch programmes broadcast from outside the UK or Channel Islands?

Yes you do. You need a TV Licence to watch or record live TV, no matter where it is broadcast or distributed from. This includes satellite or online streamed programmes from outside the UK or Channel Islands, such as sporting events and FORREN shows.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Champion

But a law that is completely unenforcible!

Champnet
Seasoned Pro

You don’t see the TV Detector Vans anymore....

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Perhaps, but I certainly am not willing to take the risk. You know, I was looking for my ' no license ' declaration slip that I got from them acknowledging the fact I don't watch TV. And as of yet not one Capita Enforcement agent has turned up at the door and it's coming up for almost a year already I am sure of it. I own a lovely 50 inch Panasonic smart TV but I use it for gaming or Netflix or other catch up things that interest me. 

VileReynard
Champion

So how would a detector van work?

I could understand it in the days of valve VHF TV (Yes they actually used to make valve TV's) Grin

Do they illegally hack into your router or digital TV and somehow reconstitute the video signal?

Of course, they could employ GCHQ to hack into your broadband at one of the central BT broadband hubs (whatever the proper name is) - or perhaps they would be reduced to breaking into the Green BT cabinets...

Highlighted
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If Valve brought back their TV's and it came with Half Life 3 installed I would be all over it Smiley