cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waspinator

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Waspinator

We were plagued last year with wasps in putt back garden, so I bought one of these this year. And so far it has lived up to its claims.
No chemicals or glues etc, just fear. Very happy. (£5 at garden centre).
http://waspinator.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjwg7yqBRCu5NmlgMm6i08SJADDEudZ2Yeghw-Q2HC80FsBE8LGjKNgeJ_A6_6ZT...
Smiley  Smiley  Smiley
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Waspinator

What wasps - it is far too early for them
Community Veteran

Hmm, I killed one or two last month already!  Shocked
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Last month with the warm weather the bees and wasps were out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: doris
We were plagued last year with wasps in putt back garden, so I bought one of these this year. And so far it has lived up to its claims.
No chemicals or glues etc, just fear. Very happy. (£5 at garden centre).
http://waspinator.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjwg7yqBRCu5NmlgMm6i08SJADDEudZ2Yeghw-Q2HC80FsBE8LGjKNgeJ_A6_6ZT...
Smiley   Smiley   Smiley
We purchased one of these last year as a pine tree near our back door attracted lots of wasps, unfortunately it had no effect, however we managed to kill a fair number using home made wasp traps, ie: empty plastic bottle with the neck removed and then inverted.
Plenty of youtube video's for anyone interested in this type of thing.
Had they not been near our back door I would have left them alone as they do some good in the garden but they have a nasty sting
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Those hanging things are useful inside of sheds, garages and attics where wasps like to get in, they only nest where they don't see something that looks like another nest, even if it's a dead one from years ago, not very bright creatures... Grin
As for the bottle traps, using a bit of cheap wine and some washing up liquid in the bottom, they make great traps for ridding whole nests of the things when they're located in problem areas... Smiley
Community Veteran

"As for the bottle traps, using a bit of cheap wine and some washing up liquid in the bottom, they make great traps for ridding whole nests of the things..."
Seems like a fairy (very) good way of cleaning them out.  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm sure some will be mild green with jealousy at that pun... Roll eyes
BruceMcTavish
Grafter

Quote from: twocvbloke
I'm sure some will be mild green with jealousy at that pun... Roll eyes

And some will get a buzz out of it...
Community Veteran

Large wasps early in the year are probably queens looking for a site to locate a nest. Up to September wasps are primarily hunting for insect prey, as they feed their grubs in the nest they are rewarded by the grub with a sweet exudate. Toward the end of the season when their breeding activity slow down there are fewer wasp grubs so the adult wasps look for sweetness elsewhere.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.