cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine woes (again)

TORPC
Grafter

Washing machine woes (again)

No matter what cycle is used within a minute the clock starts clicking round & the light flashes 8 times
I have completed the reset cycle as per the info found last time around & to no avail
It is a AWD12 Margherita (Ariston) for those that do not know or new members since the last time I had to completely strip to repair the bearings etc
I have not taken the lid  off as yet
However accordng to http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/fix-it-yourself/fault-codes/laundry-fault-codes/3050-hotpoint-a-i... it is likely to be the F8 Heater relay stuck Check pressure connections for heater, wiring and module connections
As such I will check there 1st
P.S
Why do the call it the same as a mode of transport Cheesy
23 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Washing machine woes (again)

A quick search, does not show a heater relay for purchase Sad
Community Veteran

Pull the relay, test it with a continuity meter then Google the part number as they tend to be off the shelf parts.
Community Veteran

Sounds like a new machine might be the the most economic solution. With a family you can't be without a machine for more than a few days. ao.com is a good company for price and selection. Quick delivery as well.
TORPC
Grafter

According to http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=199704
The Heater relay is on the PCB
could someone confirm
You can refer to the pictures in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,125749.0.html if needs be Wink
Community Veteran

What happens if you put it on a cold wash?
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers Andy,
I have just put it on a cold wash albeit with an empty drum & it so far it lasted approx  minute or so longer before the clicking around of the timer
TORPC
Grafter

A quick update
What I though was a cold wash / obviously wasn't a cold wash, however it was a warm wash according to SWMBO (Whom is now laughing @ me Tongue )
She has put it on the alleged correct cold wash & it is completing it's cycle as it should (so far)
TORPC
Grafter

Further update
It has completed the cold cycle without issue Smiley
Community Veteran

5 minute job to swap a relay on a PCB - grab a cheap desoldering tool, heat the terminals with a soldering iron and suck out the excess solder, replace the relay then resolder.
TORPC
Grafter

There is no problem with swapping them out, it's a case of being able to get hold of the replacement part & I am having no luck in finding one (as yet)
This site http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/ariston/washing-machines/awd12uk/default.htm?p=1&ps=50&se... started to look hopeful
Community Veteran

I would get a multimeter and test the PCB - it might be a sensor or the heating element.
TORPC
Grafter

ATM I am trying it on a quick 30 minute wash, which so far is going ok after approx 10 minutes, (where as earlier it wouldn't go past 1 minute)
Guessing that something was stuck & the cold wash cycle has somehow freed it up
Will see how it goes
TORPC
Grafter

Thanks to Andy's suggestion for trying the cold wash, has seemed to have cured the problem (for now @least) Smiley
SWMBO said she will test with a full load in the morning
TORPC
Grafter

SWMBO has tested a quick 30 minute wash with a full drum & has worked without issue
She have tried a normal /. standard wash (clock clicks around after approx 1 minute or less)