cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanton destruction of model railway exhibition!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanton destruction of model railway exhibition!

You've got to ask yourself what pleasure the vandals got out of this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-48326572

I hope the get their just deserts.

10 REPLIES 10
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Wanton destruction of model railway exhibition!

Just deserts? Oh I doubt it once we learn of their broken homes, how society has failed and any number of afflictions such as ADHC, bad eyesight, two left feet, no friends... blah blah blah.

This make me so (insert word here) angry. Knuppel

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

The thing that gets me is that these people aren't allowed to be named (and shamed). I really cannot see why not.

As @Minivanman says I doubt if they'll get anything worthwhile by way of punishment. Maybe, "oh you poor things etc etc...........

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@Minivanman wrote:

Just deserts? Oh I doubt it once we learn of their broken homes, how society has failed and any number of afflictions such as ADHC, bad eyesight, two left feet, no friends... blah blah blah.

This make me so (insert word here) angry. Knuppel

I came from a broken home, in fact considering the circumstances i grew up with it was very grim compared to many broken homes. It's completely destroyed my future and all hopes of getting anywhere. I'm now late 30s and only just starting to get into something that might provide for me...

But i could have turned to crime at any point. I didn't though... so what is all the other peoples excuses? That's what i want to know. So they had a broken home... so did I... they had a bad education... so did I. If we wanted a [-Censored-] comparison for all the negative stuff endured I'd easily win it out right each time. IT really was a utterly **** time for me and has been right up into current times. Did I turn to crime? no. So why do others?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think the answer to that @7up is plain and obvious and that is you are simply a better person than they are. I can’t see any other explanation for this. It was you, and you alone, that made the decisions not to travel down the road to crime just like it was their decision to do what they did.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

A bad start is no excuse for crime, mine could not have been much worse either as a tiny under weight born in '47 into one the coldest winters on record. I was lucky to survive, bio Dad left for good soon afterwards, Mum dumped us in a Home, and us kids did not see or hear from her for another ten years. 

"Have a kind word with the little lad" they must have said at the time, "but you'll have to speak up because he has a hearing problem!"

Many have a really rotten start in life, so forgive me if I have little if any sympathy for the kids that kick off like this making misery whilst blaming others at the same time for not having the latest pair of £100 trainers, mobile phone or video game.

As for those 'all they need is a hug and understanding' social workers I have experienced...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my post above echoes some of what you have said @Minivanman, in the vast majority of cases there is no excuse, it is a conscious decision made by the perpetrator and they have to abide by the consequences of that decision. I doubt if when they're asked if they want to 'borrow' a car does the person say "Yes I see no reason why not, I've had a [-Censored-]ty life, my parent's and Social Services don't care and I'm free for the next hour so why not".

Its more like "Yeah, I'm bored and it sounds like a laugh!"

But how many would say yes if they were asked: "Do you want to go and borrow a car, we can hoon around the streets and cause mayhem but there is a possibility that if it goes wrong and we crash you could end up paralysed or at worse brown bread. Oh and maybe innocent bystanders could suffer the same fate and we could spend the next 20+ years in prison trying not to pick up the soap!"

TTman
Seasoned Champion

Online Daily Express is reporting that the crowd funding page has raised £50,000 for the model railwaymen! Doesnt compensate for all the work but hopefully will help get them going againSmileySmiley

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Great news as money is raised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-48332649

PS. Sorry @TTman - sort of duplictaed your post. 

TTman
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman Great Minds eh!!!!!!!GrinGrinThumbs_Up

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

The vandals excuse, the same one we were using over 60 years ago, “We were bored, there’s nothing to do !”