Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting a new surge protected extension strip

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Wanting a new surge protected extension strip

All up and running. Smiley Some of the plugs needed a firm hand and the 4 sockets around the base are supposedly for plugs with transformers. Those with :- are OK but the normal two foul because of the enforced flex at the lead entry.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Luzern

That's some lengthy research program you've been conducting here, 75 messages and you've only just decided, talk about being fussy! :shocked: So what did you buy in the end and do any of your sockets swivel?

Luzern
Aspiring Hero

@MKSlinky

This As to time taken, it was not that much; I do have other things to do, even as a decrepit:grin:, and doing other things take me longer than a young Adonis like you!:tongue:

The getting down on the floorto set up is easy, the getting up not so!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

Hi there, oh I see, you did buy one of those after all. I don't think you'll go far wrong with those, I have two just the same.

Thanks.., yes I am an Adonis, well on the inside at least but aren't we all? No chance of a six pack for me unless I go to the offie. :grin:

You can't be doing too bad if you can get down on the floor okay, it's what you achieve once you're down there that counts! Even I struggle getting up again and I'm still a spring chicken age wise (52). Except I'm not a chicken!

Luzern
Aspiring Hero

but no so good if you've got down to the lowest shelf in the supermarket, and clinging to a higher one can't get up.

I had to wait there until a young lady helped me. Read what you will in to "I had to wait there".:crazy:

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

I feel for you really I do! My dear mum struggles as well, she has a dodgy hip which keeps giving out on her when least expected. I've had several calls outs at 3/4 am in the morning when she's fallen and can't get back up again. Hope that never happens to me in later life! That did happen to me when I was in my late 20's when I had Gillain Barre Syndrome, I was paralysed from the neck down for 3 months, so no I couldn't do anything for myself. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, well except maybe Donald Trump! :thumbsup: