Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting a new surge protected extension strip

Luzern
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Wanting a new surge protected extension strip

All up and running. Smiley Some of the plugs needed a firm hand and the 4 sockets around the base are supposedly for plugs with transformers. Those with :- are OK but the normal two foul because of the enforced flex at the lead entry.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

That's some lengthy research program you've been conducting here, 75 messages and you've only just decided, talk about being fussy! Shocked So what did you buy in the end and do any of your sockets swivel?

Luzern
Aspiring Champion

@MKSlinky

This As to time taken, it was not that much; I do have other things to do, even as a decrepitGrin, and doing other things take me longer than a young Adonis like you!Tongue

The getting down on the floorto set up is easy, the getting up not so!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

Hi there, oh I see, you did buy one of those after all. I don't think you'll go far wrong with those, I have two just the same.

Thanks.., yes I am an Adonis, well on the inside at least but aren't we all? No chance of a six pack for me unless I go to the offie. Grin

You can't be doing too bad if you can get down on the floor okay, it's what you achieve once you're down there that counts! Even I struggle getting up again and I'm still a spring chicken age wise (52). Except I'm not a chicken!

Luzern
Aspiring Champion

but no so good if you've got down to the lowest shelf in the supermarket, and clinging to a higher one can't get up.

I had to wait there until a young lady helped me. Read what you will in to "I had to wait there".Crazy

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

I feel for you really I do! My dear mum struggles as well, she has a dodgy hip which keeps giving out on her when least expected. I've had several calls outs at 3/4 am in the morning when she's fallen and can't get back up again. Hope that never happens to me in later life! That did happen to me when I was in my late 20's when I had Gillain Barre Syndrome, I was paralysed from the neck down for 3 months, so no I couldn't do anything for myself. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, well except maybe Donald Trump! Thumbs Up