Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted.... Help Please.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Wanted.... Help Please.....

Serious WANT thread....
I am looking for a couple ( not more than 5 ) hard plastic discs or washers with very small centre hole.....
Size is 40mm to 45mm  1 inch and a half to 1 inch and three quarters...  They need to be 3 to 3.5 mm thick .......... Preferably Black, but any colour would be spray painted black anyway...
I need them to make a "spark gap skirt" on a couple of my morse keys... ( see pic )...

Can`t seem to find anything on the net.... in the usual diy or hardware suppliers.... Second hand from your scrap box would/could probably do the job ... !..
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Wanted.... Help Please.....

Can't say anything about the company, or the quality and speed of their work but this seems to be what you want?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Community Veteran

Hmmm.... interesting..... thanks for that page... works out at £11.00 for 5 discs inc p&p......
Will keep that in mind.... ( if I only want 2 , the charge is £10.40 so might as well get th 5 if I am going that route )

Any further offers of help, Please  ? ? ?
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

if you had some old cd's and a hole cutter you could make them to order with the pilot size required ..
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Not really suitable... the plastic is too thin and brittle... I actually use the skirt to send the morse, so it gets "hit" quite a lot, for a long time...I have one key with a large metal washer in place, but the edge is too sharp, even when filed round(ish).  ( it is about as thick/thin as a CD)... needs to be 3 mm minimum thickness for minimum comfort. 
Thanks for the idea, though.....  Wink
Community Veteran

Have you thought about using casting plastic? If you can develop a mould shape you can use it for repeat casting. You can use latest or silicone rubber to make a mould. I can give more detail if you are interested, but there would be some initial set-up costs.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Have a look at toroidal transformer mounting kits.
Also have a look at polymorph granules.
nanotm
Pro

take your existing disc push it into some plastacene  and then fill the mould with acrylic glue like araldite rapid, that would give you the size and durability of the disc your looking for and of course would be simple and cheep to replicate again and again Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

@Shutter ....  it's FAR easier to use the phone you know! Morse went out of fashion years ago.
Community Veteran

It is his ultra secure log on to his 582n .......
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran

Yabba Dabba Do !... Jim...
looks like you have cracked it.. ( no pun intended )....  and they will drill the centre hole too...( just sent them an email to confirm  )...
Community Veteran

Quote from: nozzer
@Shutter ....   it's FAR easier to use the phone you know! Morse went out of fashion years ago.

Over the internet, morse is very interesting... in the past 18 months, I have made over 200 contacts world wide... without needing a phone or their number !... Even works in the car, ( not whilst driving, ) and today I had a contact with a Japanese who was travelling on the Bullet train at the time... so he was sending his morse at 186 mph.... ! ! ! ..great fun.. oh yes.. and even had a contact with a guy on a catamaran out in the Bay of Biscay, as he travelled to the med for his summer yachting season....
As a point of interest... I am hard of hearing ( two hearing aids )  for voice communication, on the phone, or face to face... so morse is the ideal solution ! ! !   Cheesy  and its quicker than texting too ! ! !...
TORPC
Grafter

Is this the Yabba Dabba Do !... your trying to say Wink
Community Veteran

Yeah.....  sort of ! ! !  Grin Grin Grin