Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted: Cheap Lego sets

RichAllen
Grafter

Wanted: Cheap Lego sets

Topic.
Been on the usual online outlets such as eBay, they're all more than I ideally want to pay on there.
I'm looking for a Lego Police Station or Fire Station set for my nephew, for his birthday next year when he'll be 6.
6 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Wanted: Cheap Lego sets

I cannot really help you other than suggest you keep an eye on the online retailers and major retail chains, just in cse they have some blue cross pre-xmas sale.
Grin Just been hinted you try http://www.debenhams.com/gifts-toys/toys-games/lego
I know what you mean by eBay Lego prices. Worked with a guy who bought bulk Lego at carboot sales, cleaned the blocks and sold on them through eBay as sorted parts - at 10,000%+ profit. Incredible thing is, he would always sell as there was some guy, somewhere, who needed that rare Star Wars part from 1992... I'm doing something wrong here
Good luck with the quest.
Cool Lego ist mega-cool
RichAllen
Grafter

Some good sets there, not sure if Debenhams in Town still has the toy dept, I'll call in this week and have a look, I need to go down that end anyway to investigate the new TJ Hughes.
Fixes: 105

The 10% off lego will end today at Debenhams, free collect in store so you might make use of that Smiley
also look at hotukdeals as amazon have had some great deals on lego sets this week.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Used to buy Lego for my children and possibly got as much fun out of it as they did.
Last week I was in one of the Main shopping centres (Arndale, Manchester) where they have a shop that sells mostly Lego, impressive sets and even more impressive prices !
Even a visit to Legoland is not a cheap day out for a Family.
http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/tickets/
Fixes: 125

I used to love building with Lego in the 60's. So much was down to imagination. My best creation was a Thunderbird 2 complete with removal pod with Thunderbird 4 inside. Oh, happy days Cool
Used a to have a large box with all the colours, shapes, windows, etc and just used to dive in and build something. Wish I had photos but we never owned a camera back then Sad
I have to admit to not liking the idea of the 'ready-made' sets - where's the creativity in that?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/tickets/

I want to go there.