cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna Job in Footy?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Wanna Job in Footy?

Why do footy managers have to take the blame for the team`s poor performance? 
The manager isn`t the guy on the pitch, who runs about, chasing a bit of leather, to kick it at a goal, in the hope of doing it more times than the opposition, in an allotted time frame......
He is the man (or lady, in some cases)  who "manages" the team....
If those who cost more than he ever hopes to earn in his short career, cannot do the job they are getting the money for, why shouldn`t they be the guys to "get the boot"  (pun intended)..
I know very little about footy, but the local team seems to have hit a low note, but not the goals, apparentlyl, since their previous manager Harold Redknap, left to go to a London club..... his successor, is now looking for another job, despite the chairman saying his job was safe on saturday..... current guesses are the swede with women problems is on the cards to get the job. !
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 102

Re: Wanna Job in Footy?

I want the chelsea job, 7 months of not a lot and then a 15 million quid payoff. I'd take it...
Will Moderate For Thanks
techguy
Grafter

Yeah I'd take the job too but wonder Abramovich will do now.
Harry Redknapp seems to have the golden touch so maybe he might try and poach him from Spurs.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: shutter
Why do footy managers have to take the blame for the team`s poor performance?   

Well they seem to to like taking all the credit when a team is doing well.
I've opined before in previous similar threads, what is so special about a football club managers? surely its coaches and trainers who should be taking the knocks. Jobs for the boys if you ask me.
Heard a comment today on LBC 97.3, that some football clubs don't seem to be having too much trouble getting lines of credit from banks, since we've bailed out the banks, does this mean we've technically paid for Scalari's pay-off? the caller to James Wales prog put it much better than I just did, making it sound very very plausible.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
James
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
Harry Redknapp seems to have the golden touch so maybe he might try and poach him from Spurs.

They can't have him.

Yep they can then keane and defoe will follow  Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
techguy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
They can't have him.

We are talking about a club owned by a man with the second biggest cheque book in the Premier League here, if Abramovich waves a large enough cheque I'm sure Harry will come running.
The only manager you can be certain will never leave his club is Sir Alex Ferguson, I think there'd be riots on the streets of Manchester if he did.

Don't you mean Kent / Essex?
Will Moderate For Thanks
techguy
Grafter

Yeah probably.
Was quite interesting, during my Business course we went up there to have talks from Customer Service Managers from three different organisations on their Customer Service procedures and one of these was Manchester United.
Apparently the CSM there said they are known locally as rip off united but they apparently try to do as much as they can for the local community.
Was quite interesting entering into enemy terrority though I follow formula 1 more than football but West Ham is my errr adopted team.
Community Veteran

Up here we always know when Manchester United are playing at home,  Manchester Airport is busy as hell with the supporters arriving for the game