cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Paper

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Wall Paper

I Have done more than my fair share of putting up (and removing) wallpaper in my lifetime but it's not something I've done for the past 10 years as I now paint rather than paper the walls.
Do you use wallpaper and if so when was the last time you used it or got someone else in to do the job.?
6 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Wall Paper

Always put it up myself, but not done it for ten years! It still looks like new.
Fixes: 125

SWMBO and I were talking about the very same subject a couple of days ago in relation to moving in the near future.
Just like you I used to paper and actually really enjoyed doing so turning it into quite an art form. Last time was in 2000 when I did a lot of renovations to the lounge when I lived in London. Ended up cutting the top of a finger off while attempting to cut a large piece of contiboard to size Roll eyes
I now prefer no paper purely because I think it becomes easier to just paint over again and again plus, eventually you may have to remove the paper and doing that with several layers of paint over the top is no easy task.
SWMBO wants paper when we move in the living room. Ok, I say, you do it  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shalom2010
Grafter

Nothing beats sorting out bubbles when putting up wallpaper. Love the smell of the paste and fresh wallpaper, but these days don't love the price of wallpaper.
TORPC
Grafter

Go to the local thrift / pound stores you can typically find some nice paper in then However if like my local you will have to be quick as the early birds catches them worms & you will be going without Wink
Community Veteran

We used to paper but haven't done for a number of years now. Cheesy
When we bought our current house it had wood chip in every room.  Angry  We've now got rid of all of that after using a lot of effort and cash!  Sad
We both prefer painted walls! Grin
Geoff,
York.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

wallpaper has its uses, but it can be a real S.O.B. to get off (I have a steamer that cost £50 and works well for it) personally I don't like the finish of paper but I do like the insulation it provides over a purely painted wall so I make a compromise with the other half, she sorts out the wallpaper and once its had its day it gets painted over Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you