Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF john

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

WTF john

Ex prime minister John Major Crazy2

Ex-Prime Minister Sir John Major has been accused of "an absolute dismissal" of democracy after he suggested there should be a second Brexit vote.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
23 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: WTF john

Yup!  NO majority vote is definitive - unless I agree with it!  Mad.  Knuppel

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Indeed, 51% said yes, and 51% said no.

We cannot be fairer than that Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

rongtw wrote:

Ex-Prime Minister Sir John Major has been accused of "an absolute dismissal" of democracy after he suggested there should be a second Brexit vote.

In that case, let's keep holding general elections 'til we get a government in that isn't labour or conservative (or UKIP)... Grin

Community Veteran

Al Murray every time (Free United Kingdom Party)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDxuFjM3hI

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

rongtw wrote:

So are we just expected to take your word for that or is there a linky to follow?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38109125 Thumbs Up

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
2u2me
Aspiring Pro

If true,I would never trust a man who tucks his shirt in his underpants.Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

rongtw wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38109125  Thumbs Up

Ticked off

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Please could someone who voted for Brexit tell me whether they voted to remain in the single market or leave it?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@jelv - Surely if they voted to leave then that too would mean to leave the single market as well.

Minivanman
Hero

Not so much the single market, it was more about those regulations that governed it. 

What we will see - and here's the difficulty, is a renegotiation of our trading relation across the globe and not just amongst members of the EU. It's akin to telling the wife you are going to leave and you'll see her in court. No more being told what to do, no more being led by the nose round the (super)market - and no more in-laws nicking your beer from the back of the fridge!

PS. Want to avoid any arguments over Christmas dinner? - don't mention Brussels Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
shylok
Rising Star

jelv wrote:

Please could someone who voted for Brexit tell me whether they voted to remain in the single market or leave it?

There are numerous interviews on both sides where it was stated that Leaving the EU means leaving the EU's Single Market also Did Leave really say let's stay in the Single Market?

Theres a lot of smudging going on around this issue by the media & politicians, what i think they suggest by the single market is having membership of it by being a member of the European Economic Area (Denmark) or the European Free Trade Association (Switzerland), where you pay an annual fee to access it but are subjected to EU concessions (four freedoms) & the rulings of the European Courts of Justice & the Commission to some extent without any say over the terms. This is considered to be a 'soft' brexit, however that is not leaving the EU as their powers still take precedence over the sovereign powers of parliament, your only half way out.

Most countries around the world have access to the single market under WTO rules where they pay tariffs, some of those countries like Turkey & recently Canada have negotiated a free trade agreement to reduce tariffs on imports / exports to make it easier to trade but can be subjected to the European Courts of Justice rulings (Turkey).

However the countries that interest me are Singapore & Hong Kong who have also negotiated a free trade agreement called EUSFTA to establish a customs union to remove all tariffs on trade without being subjected to ECJ rulings, only exporters must comply with EU regulations & legislation when exporting to the single market. A FTA along these lines tailored to our needs would be more preferable to leave voters i think but will take some years to establish. This is a useful chart of possible options  http://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Brexit%20Options%20A3%20No...

Minivanman
Hero

Smudging? Good post, and an even better description! - you may be onto to something there. Lots of smoke (and mirrors) to be sure Smiley

http://spiritualityhealth.com/articles/ancient-art-smudging