cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFP

Community Veteran

Re: WFP

Quote from: samuria
I am trying to connect my heating to the forums and I can then use the hot air to heat my house.

Careful you may need to open a few windows.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not cold enough for you chilly
OK    Kiss
nadger
Rising Star

@Shutter - could do with some work doing on central heating system but Warmfront say that boiler has to die or be declared too old for spares before they'd help. We put boiler in 23 years ago and it's still going strong Cry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

@nadger, Have you had an inspection by warmfront?  If not, ring them up and tell them it doesn`t give you enough hot water for a bath. and the thing only works intermittently on the heating side.... it makes funny noises, like a rattling noise... (anything they can`t actually pin down!!!) ask them to come and do a check on it.... when the inspector comes, re-tell your sad tale, and make sure the heating is turned off  before he comes, and claim it hasn`t worked for a couple of days,... as it is very intermittent, it can`t be relied on.... (can itHuh?) to provide the necessary heat level for OAP`s ... Have you a small grandchild that comes to stay overnight? add that into the equation. Oh and don`t forget to make the inspector a cup of tea/coffee... If he is a "nice bloke" (like ours was) he will take one look at the outside and say this is very old, and inefficient, and should be condemned!!... puts in his report, you get an estimate for the new boiler from warmfront sub-contractors,(In our case GasCare) the warmfront allow you so much, you pay the difference, if it is more than the allowance...
nadger
Rising Star

Had a Warmfront inspection 2 or 3  years ago - need to check folder. Possibly time to try again but tied up with hospital visits right now.
I can get a letter from gas fitter to say that spares are difficult to get so may go down that route. I've proved that the heating system only works because of my technical ability - don't think a Tesco timer is normally part of the system.
Overall it seems that  they'll sort out any other system problems as and when they replace boiler - to my mind it's like only replacing bits on a car if the engine fails.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
The £60 is supposed to be paid in January, and we are getting our inflation rise in January too. £4.55 per week - can do a lot with that?

I wonder if the Gov't will try and put in a cut if deflation occurs in the coming years?
It wouldn't surprise me with this lot!
Fixes: 257

Is this true that ex pats living in France get the WFP Crazy

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit)

It's a Reliant Robin NOT a Robin Reliant.
Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
nadger
Rising Star

I think that they do if they were receiving it before they moved.
£10 Xmas bonus has been paid today.
pd
Grafter

I'd forgotten about the Christmas Bonus, just checked and mine's been paid today.
@Strat
All the info about claiming while living abroad is here....
http://www.pensions.gov.uk/winterfuel/livingabroad.asp#q1
James
Grafter

Yay!  I should have my £10 bonus too Cheesy
fceluk
Grafter

Move to the south of France and you'll get a lot more Crazy
Community Veteran

Yes, the WFA is paid to ex-pats if they were living here when they reached 60.  I have friends in Spain and some get it and others don't. 
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Have you had an inspection by warmfront?   

Shutter, is warmfront available to everyone over 60 or are there income restrictions?
One thing I did get was a complete set of door and window locks and fire alarms supplied and fitted free of charge.  In Essex the County Council and Help the Aged got together to provide this service.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The leaflet suggest that you must be a poor "lump of earth" and be in benifit - not pension of some form or other if like me a righteous person living of there own means  - worked 43 years for a decent pension.  hard luck no free new boiler
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

Here is the usual Google result for    Warmfront     and sub heading  "Do I qualify for warmfront"
http://www.warmfront.co.uk/do-i-qualify.htm  ; Wink
The last paragraph is here for those who think they might be able to benefit

If you are not in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits listed above, we can offer you a full benefit assessment to establish if you are or should be receiving any benefits that would qualify you for the Warm Front Grant. Please contact the Benefit Entitlement Check team on freephone 0800 072 9006 or email bec@eaga.com with your contact details so an advisor can call you back.

UNQUOTE