cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFP

techguy
Grafter

Re: WFP

I think countries that have a communial heating system have the right idea.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

There nothing New
Dagenham Council - now part of London - had a refuse burning station behind the Civic Centre, the heat generated supplied hot water and heating to the Council Flats adjacent to the site.  That was approx 60 years ago
techguy
Grafter

I think its a good idea, those on pensions would not have to pay a penny if I were PM.  Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

I'm rather glad that I took, ages ago, the 2010 British Gas fixed price deal - we are still averaging out at £34/month, by DD, for gas over the year. That covers  CH and water - we cook by electric.
When the fixed price ends I'll look at the dual fuel deals that are available for pensioners.
James
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
I think its a good idea, those on pensions would not have to pay a penny if I were PM.  Smiley

Yep, you'd just be paying more tax.  Along with every other working person in the country.
techguy
Grafter

But if we cut back on the number of MPs.... and useless projects like the olympics
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: techguy
.. and useless projects like the olympics
We were staying with French friends when it was announced that London had beaten Paris - Omer was glad that we'd "won" as it meant French taxpayer wouldn't be paying for it. Bet there are a lot of London council tax payers who would rather Paris had won.
techguy
Grafter

We'll all be paying for it nadger, in some roundabout way.
Fixes: 220

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Dagenham Council - now part of London - had a refuse burning station behind the Civic Centre, the heat generated supplied hot water and heating to the Council Flats adjacent to the site. 

Ditto in Sheffield.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 66.0.1 (64-bit)

nadger
Rising Star

Looks like there's another £60 per pensioner to come  Cheesy
jmd
Grafter

I want to know when I am getting my WFP - never mind the extra £60!
Pensions just say it will be paid before Christmas............................. but having just paid out for new shower [old one burnt out at switch or something] I need the money back in my savings pot................... to pay for the heating!
The £60 is supposed to be paid in January, and we are getting our inflation rise in January too. £4.55 per week - can do a lot with that?
Fixes: 450

At least you're getting something, some of us are getting a poke in the eye  Cry
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Community Veteran

We should get a few pence off our broadband each month  Smiley if Plusnet chooses to pass the VAT saving on.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: jmdlp
The £60 is supposed to be paid in January, and we are getting our inflation rise in January too. £4.55 per week - can do a lot with that?
The way I read it the £60 per pensioner was the pension increase for Jan, Feb & March - it won't be paid twice.
itsme
Grafter

I would expect PN to pass on the VAT saving as there should be minimal cost to do so. But I be surprised if the reduction will be across the board. Will all takeaways and restaurants go to the expense of having menus reprinted?