Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voss water

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Voss water

So back in June I had gone to Liverpool to help with work for a few days. Whilst there I had popped into a Spar to get a drink and got a bottle of Voss sparkling water which came in a glass bottle. The bottle has been reused every day since, the size, handling and outflow of water was spot on - a perfect water bottle.

Now last week I've misplaced the bottle and can't find it, so set off to buy a new one... which is easier said than done. None of the big supermarkets sell it in Newcastle even though they may have it on their webpages (namely Asda and Waitrose).

Which means either the product is only being sold in selected areas of the UK or the being removed from the shelves. Is there any way of getting another bottle? :-( Tweeted supermarkets and said no availability in my area which is frustrating.

Maybe so common in some areas of UK but so rare in others.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. TalkTalk Fibre Customer using a TalkTalk WiFi Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
8 REPLIES 8
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Voss water

If all else fails, just send https://vosswater.com/ a highly complimentary e-mail and who knows, they might send you a free bottle, or a voucher you can use to obtain a free one from somewhere in the UK.

Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 87

I’m trying to envisage what this email will say. Something along the line: “where can I buy a bottle of your water, I only want one bottle as it’s the empty one I want so that I can keep filling it from the tap so that I don’t have to buy any more”?

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Send an e-mail to Greta Thunberg, then you can honestly tell Voss that you are one of her penfriends and want to help her save the world by reusing one of their glass bottles rather than plastic.  Surely they wouldn't want the bad publicity that might result from refusing your request.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

It'll be a couple of weeks before she gets that message @Jonpe as she's currently in the middle of the Atlantic!

Baldrick1
Hero

Yes I saw her departing in a racing yacht made of glass fibre. That is a mixture of glass, which needs lots of energy to make and resin, which I believe is made using petro chemicals. I also don't think it ever bio degrades. 

I'm sure it would have been more eco friendly if she'd gone in a dug out canoe. 

Community Veteran

Ah but remember @Baldrick1 the tree would need to have been felled and the canoe dugout using a flint axe, and there's not many of them in B&Q!

Baldrick1
Hero

Ah but making the flint axe and using that on a tree that had been felled by beavers would have been more impressive.

Community Veteran

Or you try to use the beavers like a chain saw Grin