cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...

Community Veteran
Posts: 5,634
Thanks: 638
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎21-03-2011

Re: Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...

I took my Audi into the dealer this morning for a free recall "while you wait" service patch to the software to remove the cheat code.  I can see no change in the performance of the car.  

As I left I was given, for my troubles, a free Audi Valet kit containing several lotions and potions to clean the car. It came in a smart looking canvas case. The only trouble is the bottles are labelled in German.  Google translate has helped out.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Posts: 14,690
Thanks: 849
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-08-2007

Re: Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...

Yeah.. I suspect that code just does what the old code did... :

If (ON_ROAD)

{PERFMOANCE_MODE = 1;}

else

{ECONOMY_PANIC_MODE = 1}

 

Lets face it.. its not like you can trust them anymore with emissions, power and honesty...

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Posts: 18,969
Thanks: 2,126
Fixes: 27
Registered: ‎06-11-2007

Re: Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...


@AlaricAdair wrote:

I took my Audi into the dealer this morning for a free recall ................................................

 

As I left I was given, for my troubles, a free Audi Valet kit containing several lotions and potions to clean the car.

 

 

Haven`t had my recall,....yet.... did get in touch with the dealer just before the MOT, and they said it would not affect the result... ( which it did not)... It passed, with plenty of room to spare below the mot limits...

 

As for "free gift" of valet goo.... when I do get the recall, I expect they will collect it,... ( I live about 35 miles from them ), and return it... and it will be thoroughly valeted by them free ...... as is usual... 

Thanks Skoda dealer... Smiley

Community Veteran
Posts: 14,690
Thanks: 849
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-08-2007

Re: Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...


@shutter wrote:

@AlaricAdair wrote:

I took my Audi into the dealer this morning for a free recall ................................................

 

As I left I was given, for my troubles, a free Audi Valet kit containing several lotions and potions to clean the car.

 

 

Haven`t had my recall,....yet.... did get in touch with the dealer just before the MOT, and they said it would not affect the result... ( which it did not)... It passed, with plenty of room to spare below the mot limits...

 


No great surprise there Cheesy

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 3,366
Thanks: 15
Registered: ‎06-04-2007

Re: Volkswagen cheats emisions testing...


@AlaricAdair wrote:

 I can see no change in the performance of the car.  


Have you been keeping good records of your MPG? Compare them if you have. The largest change will be in the winter months, once the ambient temperature is mostly below 15C that is when you will most likely find a difference.

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed