cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viva L'difference

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Viva L'difference

After 35 years of marriage (last Friday!!) SWMBO and I know each other pretty well, but occasionally she surprises me; a case in point:
There's a TV advert that features a portly Italian (I think) opera singer with a stupid crinkly moustache, singing loudly outside a coffee shop about the virtues of an obscure online motor insurance search engine. So violent is his rendition two 30 something guy's have themselves and their coffee and adjacent table shaken violently by its power.
For some unbeknown reason SWMBO finds this ad hilarious, and insists on returning the TV out of its muted state during ad breaks, turning the volume up and chuckling while its showing. No amount of pointing out that the ad has been running 40 times a day for several months, surely its attraction must have worn out by now!! as it did with me halfway through the first time I saw it. But no! it still touches a humorous nerve with her.
Given her problems, she doesn't sometimes have a lot to be jolly about (she's married to me for starters) so I keep shtuum.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
25 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Viva L'difference

Congratulations and commiserations.
Which word to whom, I'll leave you to decide Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Thank's Strat....I think!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

You're very welcome......I think Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

Hope you had a lovely celebration of your anniversary somewhere................... [hoping it wasn't a coffee shop!] Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

Congrats - I should really resist saying that the Krays got less but having passed 44 years, last July, who am I to talk  Crazy
Tsonga
Grafter

My grand-parents were married for 70 years. Amazing, isn't it? My grand-mother told me that they'd had some ups and downs, but from what I could see they were still very much in love! So romantic!  Smiley
PS: Edited because I added five years of marriage by mistake! It was 70 and not 75!  Wink
Community Veteran

That's wonderful BlueRhizome, we're obviously just beginners at this marriage lark. Its not impossible I suppose but its unlikely we'll ever reach those dizzy heights. mostly as we're both second marriage (they do work) so started a bit late for that. But a golden anniversary is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

35 years eh? Wow and congratulations! Most couples these days seem to find it hard to make it to 35 months....
I know the advert you speak of and yes its AWFUL! I absolutely hate it. Whoever thought it up must of sat around dreaming up ways to torture the nation for months!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Community Veteran

Can a mod please remove the previous postHuh? please....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Sorry - we don't remove posts on the grounds of gross bad taste  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Aw! please Jim, or failing that how about banning nadger for posting offensive material?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

If I do that he will ban me from the Usergroup Forums and we can't have that can we.  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

You could ban him from funny threads Undecided