cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtue of Kings (as the saying goes)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Virtue of Kings (as the saying goes)

Punctuality; or the lack of it, really winds me up, personally I would rather be an hour early, than a minute late. There's a standing family joke, that I have a last request to be 10 minutes late for my own funeral, as the only time in my "life" I've ever knowingly been late for anything.
What winds you up?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
17 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Virtue of Kings (as the saying goes)

I tend to be early for everything........................... so find myself sitting in doctors/hospital/railway stations for ages - but I worry all the time about missing appointments/trains etc! Smiley
Fixes: 47

Punctuality is one of my pet fads.
A group of us have a 9:00 sales meeting every morning and the person who's meeting it is turns up at 9:10 consistently  Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Having spent 12 years of my life in the Royal Navy, and having to be there "5 minutes before....or else"... makes me always early for meetings, appointments.... I love to just sit there, totally ignoring the pile of 5 year old magazines, and in my head, I practice my morse code by reading all the posters,etc, using the morse, in my head..... At the same time, I see people around me, nervously figeting trying to look calm and relaxed, and trying to look as if they really are interested in the article in the magazine.  Cheesy
What annoys me?  when I get there early, (as good manners demands) and am then kept waiting by the person who I am supposed to see..... they apologise, but in their face, and actions, they show they really couldn`t give a monkeys armpit..  Shocked  ... but just you turn the tables on them, and see what happens... Shocked
Community Veteran

@strat..... next time, organise the group, to wear wigs, and turn up at 09:11  Huh Huh Huh (oh dear.... looks like afro man has lost his hair  Roll eyes
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Nothing winds me up, I'm just a very easy going old fellow.
But you all knew that didn't you?
jmd
Grafter

The appointment that really annoy me are Hospital ones - where you arrive early, and then the Nurse puts up a sign saying "This clinic is running 45 minutes lat.  We are sorry for the delay"!!!!
I never minded when I was at work, after all the appointment was not in "my" time but nowadays I do mind...................... Angry

Quote from: Bob
I'm just a very easy going old fellow.

It stands out a mile Bob Smiley
Community Veteran

I'm quite a stickler for punctuality too. I say 'quite' because I don't always bother so much with friends these days - I used to, but I got fed up of arriving fifteen minutes early and them being twenty minutes late, so these days I try and be as 'on the dot' as possible to avoid any tedious waiting around. With anything more official/important though, I'll always make sure I arrive in plenty of time.
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Sorry folks, I must go now, I don't want to miss Newsnight. I've only got 14 minutes. I must not be late.
Community Veteran

Quote from: jmd
The appointment that really annoy me are Hospital ones

My last hospital appointment I turned up a few minutes early and some people were "no-shows" so I went in to see the Consultant after 1 minute and was actually back home (5 minutes drive) before my appointment was due!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont like getting there late either, In Morning I am going to Alexandra Palace, Route, M11 and London North Circular, very unpredictable, then if you are pushing the time, all the Blue parking has gone, so aim to be at least 30 min early.
@shutter
using the morse, in my head.....
  Dashed if I know I think you are dotty
Community Veteran

@reply number 9
You could catch up on the BBC iplayer ! ! ! Roll eyes
Community Veteran

{Quote}
using the morse, in my head.....
  Dashed if I know I think you are dotty

At least it is more stimulating than the out of date magazines on offer.... and I can use it anywhere I wait... Smiley Smiley Smiley

--. --- --- -.. | -. .. --. .... - | ... .... ..- - - . .-.