cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media utube speed issue

scootie
Grafter

Virgin Media utube speed issue

having speed issue on utube 2mb max on vids from 64 range and full speed from 173 range.
could i kindly have a PN trace to 173.194.5.103 and 64.15.115.18 and confirm that speeds are normal
thanks kindly from my 37inch hd tv  that's sat redundant at mo when she should be pumping out some fat hd tunes, saying that even 480p is pain in back side if its servered from the 64 range
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: VM utube speed issue

Assuming you're using VMware, it doesn't carry the same kind of network traffic your normal home network would. VMware can handle 10Mb max but you'll be lucky to get near that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
scootie
Grafter

Huh
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

I think there is some confusion over the term VM in this thread. Asbo is referring to Virgin Media (I think anyway), and okrzynska is referring to VMware.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

and naturally being on a Plusnet forum we wouldn't be talking about virgin media would we... ?  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why not we talk talk
And Asbo hold the rank of bright spark, who for personal reasons  has moved to somewhere that has VM
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: okrzynska
and naturally being on a Plusnet forum we wouldn't be talking about virgin media would we... ?  Embarrassed

sorry for the crossed wires okrzynska, thought all the regulars knew of my NOT so bright spark choice to pick Virgin media, an when i was reading your reply i was conducting a orchestra of 4 kids just in the door
And the original PN account created under this username is still active and in use by my family, wouldn't allow them to use any one else when i moved out as i wouldn't want them calling me every few days with isp issues
after doing some digging it seems the issues are with utube its self, never noticed the slow downs that have started to be reported since the start of this year as i was 1.7mb with post office till march and these slow downs didnt start for me at least till about a week or so ago and having 30mb o bandwidth not being used sure bites, use to wonder why peeps moaned when there full syncing adsl adsl2 lines where slowing down but now i do
even at 2am in morning the 64 ip range is still a bag of pants which is even beyond VM to mess up at that time
Community Veteran

Re: Virgin Media utube speed issue

Conducting an orchestra of kids lol
No worries m8y, soz for the wrong answer, thought i was being helpful lol.
Hope you get it sorted soon Wink
matt_2k34
Grafter

Asbo, what 'videos' - is it generally across the service?
i've found that sometimes obviously where the content is being hosted - is being hit pretty hard and you have to buffer it - but that is normally on some random dubstep video that no ones watching Smiley
Regards
scootie
Grafter

nar it happens on the big boy music videos so its not like they go un noticed, past few days things have a got a bit better with just the odd one being slow an that tends to be solved by dropping to 720p that some times is served from a different ip.
so many issues with VM am losing track of um, an when you feel like that you just blame um as soon as owt happens like i have done with iplayer issue.
i was getting max 2mb on 1500kbps streams and being busy just sweared at VM an went about my day for a bout week till i sat down an thought it over after a couple posted with iplayer speed test results that was normal, turned out my streams was coming from japan for HD an usa for 1500kbps streams, fixed by flushing dns and changing from opendns back to VM dns http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-and-50Mb-broadband/What-s-your-iplayer-speeds-like/m-...